Paul Newman's thinning crown and receded hair line

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
XHP70
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: nothing

Paul Newman's thinning crown and receded hair line

Post by XHP70 » 5 months ago

At 0:15 you can clearly see the bald spot on his crown, yet he still looked good. Why? Because bone structure and skin are way more important than hair. His receded hair line and thinning crown makes him look mature and masculine. I cannot understand guy's obsession today with having a nw0 hair line and dense crown like that of a woman or prepubescent boy. To me it is a product of a feminist society that shames masculinity. But feel free to convince me otherwise.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW4

Re: Paul Newman's thinning crown and receded hair line

Post by Murkey Thumb » 5 months ago

The problem is not one of us look like Paul Newman. Going bald can destroy an average mans looks.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 5 months ago

Paul who? Was this the same guy who escaped from that Nazi prisoner of war camp?

I remember watching a documentary about this.
Don't kneel because you feel

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 5 months ago

XHP70 wrote:
5 months ago

At 0:15 you can clearly see the bald spot on his crown, yet he still looked good. Why? Because bone structure and skin are way more important than hair. His receded hair line and thinning crown makes him look mature and masculine. I cannot understand guy's obsession today with having a nw0 hair line and dense crown like that of a woman or prepubescent boy. To me it is a product of a feminist society that shames masculinity. But feel free to convince me otherwise.
Reminds me of some of the garbage, retarded posts I use to see on Hairlosstalk. In the 1974 interview in this vid he is a FORTY NINE YEAR OLD MAN. He has virtually a full head of hair in it also, the crown is shown in very harsh film lighting and still appears to have reasonable coverage. The average person would not consider this a "receding hair line". He has mild recession and a relatively narrow forehead compared to the average male still, its a mild mature hair line that many in their early 20s have.

OP, I have virtually never seen a dumber argument for hair loss not being issue. Not to mention that as previously suggested above 99% of the population do not like Paul Newman look like fucking chads in their late forties and early fifties in terms of facial structure. You've literally taken a guy with what is considered a full head of hair at 49 years old to convince people that hair is overrated. You made an account just to post this garbage?

Baldness is not masculine or feminine, it is merely a signifier of ageing, decay, poor genetics and removes a natural frame to the face. Its ugly.

Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie

Post by Murkey Thumb » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago
Paul who? Was this the same guy who escaped from that Nazi prisoner of war camp?

No dude he is the mayonnaise guy :D

Seriously though not only was he handsome movie star he also generated a ton of money for charity(it still brings in $30 million a year). A proper dude!

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 5 months ago

blackg wrote:
5 months ago

He was on his own salad dressing.

I am surprised he wasn't on toilet paper.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 5 months ago

I already thought earlier this week this was stupid enough without even clicking the YouTube video, and now I've clicked it, I'm fucking 32 and would settle for coverage of that right now (and I'm even fine with my current crown, it's the frontal diffuse that's my problem, but yes his crown is probably better @and he's at 49 for fuck sake)

I actually think he might have had genuinely great coverage but the lighting would go through any persons hair. This is insane and/or trolling.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 5 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
5 months ago
I already thought earlier this week this was stupid enough without even clicking the YouTube video, and now I've clicked it, I'm fucking 32 and would settle for coverage of that right now (and I'm even fine with my current crown, it's the frontal diffuse that's my problem, but yes his crown is probably better @and he's at 49 for fuck sake)

I actually think he might have had genuinely great coverage but the lighting would go through any persons hair. This is insane and/or trolling.
Exercise more caution next time, Rudi.
Don't kneel because you feel