Is my friend suffering from hair loss?

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Re: Is my friend suffering from hair loss?

Post by blackg » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
7 months ago
I agree.

@blackg
I agree with this one.
behold the sins of our forefathers

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 7 months ago

Arjen wrote:
7 months ago
How can it be that the car-element is not covered by those rules though? ;)
It popped up in my mind the very moment I clicked on 'submit' :p.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 7 months ago

blackg wrote:
7 months ago
Firstly you decitfully post your friends hair loss without his permission on a public forum, then you tell us you want him to lose his hair as he didn't take your hair loss seriously, then later on your say you don't want him to go bald as it will embarrass you to be seen with him in public (poor you!)

Then you tell us you won't be able to respect him as a bald man.

You need an intervention.
I don't want him to actually go slick bald, only lose enough to realise and admit what a problem it is specifically. I wouldn't respect him as a bald man, the reality is that hairloss is an atrocity and should be dealt with via meds and transplants when it becomes clear it is occuring. Hairloss for the vast majority isn't something that just happens, you allow it to happen in 95% of situations aside from rare cases where they can't take meds, they have no donor and meds don't produce results. For those ten to twenty years ago treatment and knowledge about it was far more difficult so it wasn't in any sense the fault of the one experiencing it, that isn't nearly the same situation today.

And I doubt he'd want to be seen bald in public either. If one has specific taste in their female friends/girlfriend/hookup etc why can't they have taste in the guys they are friends with?

Also posting his hair without any of his facial features or the location in the frame features hardly requires permission.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
Dude, you sound very fucked up. How could you not respect a friend if he is balding? I don't care 0 about how friends look. It's not my cup of tea. The only thing I would say to a friend is if he is smelling like shit or he has dirty clothes etc. Simple things. While its good to help a friend and tell him to go on finasteride (I wish someone told me that) but not respecting and "appearances matter" lol...
I don't expect the people I talk to or hang out with to be models, even if they were below average looking I don't have a problem with that, balding to me is far worse and attracts negative attention and resentment from the bald guy. It is the aesthetic equivalent of smelling like shit or having awful clothes.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

JeanLucBB wrote:
7 months ago
I don't expect the people I talk to or hang out with to be models, even if they were below average looking I don't have a problem with that, balding to me is far worse and attracts negative attention and resentment from the bald guy. It is the aesthetic equivalent of smelling like shit or having awful clothes.
This rings true to me to some degree, I've seen guys going from decent-looking with hair to looking like goblins. I've often told the story about one of them, how one of my best friend got his cock sucked by his now wife and the guy said at a party: "Nah she doesn't give blowjobs, she's not like that!" and I almost spat out my drink.

Anyway, I'm going to be harsh here, but when I see him on Facebook, I'm embarrassed for the guy. If he'd lose weight and rape his donor area, he could look more than decent again, but that ain't gonna happen. His wife asked me for advice about hair loss and I gave some at the time, but then I heard through a friend that well, they were going to buy a house, so his wife forbade him to have a hair transplant.

I've just moved in with my girlfriend and we're also planning to buy a house in the future, but she understood why I got hair transplants and now that she's seen the result of the second one, she's more than happy about the fact that I'm going to get a third one. It's like a lot of people don't understand how important the way your present yourself in the world is.

Only a few days ago, I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend and she tells me with a lovely smile on her face: "Your hair! You know I was looking at older pictures of us, it's like, you look like a completely different person now!"

I know so many couples where the guy is bald and always refuse to take a picture unless they're wearing a hat or wearing one of those ridiculous afro wigs at a party. It's transparent as fuck, and they'd still tell you that they don't care about their hair loss. Being able to smile and genuinely happy and excited about someone immortalizing a moment with your friends, your girlfriend or your coworkers, this is priceless really.

This is one of the things that I can already fully enjoy even if my crown is not fixed yet. If it could be boiled down to one thing, it would be this for me: if you're not happy and proud of your appearance, there is a problem and it's not a negligible one, and when you're bald(ing), you're never going to hit that mark again, you'll feel some shame about your looks most of the time, especially when someone wants to take a picture of you. And @JeanLucBB is right, this breeds resentment, envy and jealousy, I expect to be attacked somehow in the future once pictures of myself with a seemingly full head of hair (well full NW2.5 at least) are upload on Facebook.

My first picture 5 months after my hair transplant (so still quite thin) had a comment from a guy who recently started balding: "Your hair is back?", I just hit the like button and didn't address it, but I'm sure a lot more people are going to put "WTF" comments in the future, and I'm especially concerned about my former bald(ing) brothers who might crucify me publicly for leaving the cult of the "just shave it all off brah!".

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
7 months ago
12 Alpha Bruh Rules For Life:

1. Being free is all that matters in life

2. Block all negative thoughts every time they arise and replace them with positive affirmations

3. Make friends with people who have deep thoughts, like "one day we'll all be old so we should be respectful to old people"

4. If you're not conventionally attractive, accept that no woman will ever be attracted to you

5. If you're conventionally attractive, you'll never be mocked (even behind your back), bullied or betrayed by other people

6. Be honest to your girlfriend and just tell her that you're sleeping around with other girls, honesty is key so everything should be fine

7. At work, look at people who are at the top of your hierarchy and just make other people (and women!) understand that you have their job. Example: you're not a nurse, you're a medic who deals with mentally-ill patients all the time. Vagueness is key.

8. Your girlfriend should give you blowjobs all day if that's what you want, otherwise she doesn't love you

9. No matter what happens, hell could be breaking loose around you, it doesn't matter, you'll keep your peace of mind, because truly admirable people always have peace of mind, negative thoughts and experiences are for the weak and mentally-ill (refer to rule 2.)

10. Tell anyone who doesn't agree with your views that they are frustrated, bitter and obviously want to take it all out on you

11. Tell anyone who disagree with your views that they are good people, that they are successful and obviously doing everything right

12. Last but not least: in every other conversation, always mention how you're abiding by all the rules above: tell them about your freedom, your peace of mind, how you never get negative thoughts, how you'll never have to worry about being hurt thanks to your good looks. Tell them you're honest, that you have a prestigious career, how your 9/10 19 year old girlfriend worships you. Don't forget to list them all in broken sentences. Like this. And always wrap it all up by saying that you have many sides to you and that many people have told you that and that they weren't just anyone but other alpha bruhs just like you.
My avatar was my reaction to most of this.

Don't forget the bruh dominance heirarchy of being respected by all and getting repeatedly told by other heterosexual men how Mediterranean and big dicked you are, as a fellow heterosexual.

And the serotonin you feed off of through your life, thriving on the positive feedback loop of having the best lower half ever and never having to worry about being potato faced, mentally insane and awkwardly above the perfect average height.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 7 months ago

Only a few days ago, I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend and she tells me with a lovely smile on her face: "Your hair! You know I was looking at older pictures of us, it's like, you look like a completely different person now!"
I'm sure your girlfriend told you at one point: "I love you for who you are...it doesn't matter".
Its kinda very black pill this sort of thing and I try to not get into it too much. If you are "red pilled" or just had enough experience with women, you will see the very nature of women and that it's in a lot of times a very thin line that holds even the "nice loyal girl" for going completely full hypergamy.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
7 months ago
This rings true to me to some degree, I've seen guys going from decent-looking with hair to looking like goblins. I've often told the story about one of them, how one of my best friend got his cock sucked by his now wife and the guy said at a party: "Nah she doesn't give blowjobs, she's not like that!" and I almost spat out my drink.

Anyway, I'm going to be harsh here, but when I see him on Facebook, I'm embarrassed for the guy. If he'd lose weight and rape his donor area, he could look more than decent again, but that ain't gonna happen. His wife asked me for advice about hair loss and I gave some at the time, but then I heard through a friend that well, they were going to buy a house, so his wife forbade him to have a hair transplant.

I've just moved in with my girlfriend and we're also planning to buy a house in the future, but she understood why I got hair transplants and now that she's seen the result of the second one, she's more than happy about the fact that I'm going to get a third one. It's like a lot of people don't understand how important the way your present yourself in the world is.

I know so many couples where the guy is bald and always refuse to take a picture unless they're wearing a hat or wearing one of those ridiculous afro wigs at a party. It's transparent as fuck, and they'd still tell you that they don't care about their hair loss. Being able to smile and genuinely happy and excited about someone immortalizing a moment with your friends, your girlfriend or your coworkers, this is priceless really.

This is one of the things that I can already fully enjoy even if my crown is not fixed yet. If it could be boiled down to one thing, it would be this for me: if you're not happy and proud of your appearance, there is a problem and it's not a negligible one, and when you're bald(ing), you're never going to hit that mark again, you'll feel some shame about your looks most of the time, especially when someone wants to take a picture of you. And @JeanLucBB is right, this breeds resentment, envy and jealousy, I expect to be attacked somehow in the future once pictures of myself with a seemingly full head of hair (well full NW2.5 at least) are upload on Facebook.

My first picture 5 months after my hair transplant (so still quite thin) had a comment from a guy who recently started balding: "Your hair is back?", I just hit the like button and didn't address it, but I'm sure a lot more people are going to put "WTF" comments in the future, and I'm especially concerned about my former bald(ing) brothers who might crucify me publicly for leaving the cult of the "just shave it all off brah!".
A good friend and I have this running gag where if we see a male passing by who is short, bald(ish), dresses poorly or just, well, bad by saying: "GREAT guy, MORE of those "competitors" in this world, let's grab a beer with him!". It's silly and mindless, of course, it would not qualify such a person to be the perfect beer buddy, but I certainly don't mind them not being good-looking - but they should still be presentable in the sense that you could let them talk with other friends of yours, to girls you meet, that they are groomed, that they (to a lesser degree of importance) dress reasonably well.
I know of one constellation where one guy is extremely calculating in my opinion: he makes sure to keep close a guy who dresses similarly, shares his lifestyle enough and is decent-looking, but not as good-looking as him. He is also a guy who has no interest in and no talent at building connections beyond that one guy who is - if it weren't for his looks and job - a weirdo.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JeanLucBB wrote:
7 months ago
You guys really have issues lol. I agree that if you go to a party with a Norwood 6 and he has 2 hairs combed over, that you might talk to him before you ever go out, but I guess (no I'm sure) we are talking about Norwood 1-3 which isn't that rare. You are telling us here openly, that you won't go out with any of us for a beer because we are worse than a smelling like shit guy xD

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
You guys really have issues lol. I agree that if you go to a party with a Norwood 6 and he has 2 hairs combed over, that you might talk to him before you ever go out, but I guess (no I'm sure) we are talking about Norwood 1-3 which isn't that rare. You are telling us here openly, that you won't go out with any of us for a beer because we are worse than a smelling like shit guy xD
There is a guy I'm only remotely friends with; he is about my NW, i.e. 5, also mostly greyish hair that is left and he does something like this:

Now, it's not like people want to hang out less with him because of that, but a close friend suggested to him to shave it off.

He didn't take it well at all and got angry.

I wouldn't have reacted like that, but I'm curious about admin and others: I suppose they might have reacted similarly?

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
More like a NW4+, Bear for example still being in the acceptable range. NW3 can still potentially be styled somewhat and the general public don't typically look at NW3s as bald guys. That guy Arjen posted on the left is too much. It's just so unappealing, like a magnet for resentment and disgust.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Arjen wrote:
7 months ago
There is a guy I'm only remotely friends with; he is about my NW, i.e. 5, also mostly greyish hair that is left and he does something like this:

Now, it's not like people want to hang out less with him because of that, but a close friend suggested to him to shave it off.

He didn't take it well at all and got angry.

I wouldn't have reacted like that, but I'm curious about admin and others: I suppose they might have reacted similarly?
But you are bald mate? So I that means I can't hang out with you? xD

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rudiger wrote:
7 months ago
and awkwardly above the perfect average height.
Like the giant grey wolves that walked the earth once, I won't sure have the last laugh.

Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 7 months ago

Admin wrote:
7 months ago
Like the giant grey wolves that walked the earth once, I won't sure have the last laugh.
Such a delay between the Like you gave and then the post, because of your undesirable height you are slow like the first extinct dinosaurs.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JasonStatham wrote:
7 months ago
But you are bald mate? So I that means I can't hang out with you? xD
Damn, I wanted to ask you out for a beer!:)
I‘m at Kennedy‘s right now;)