Is my friend suffering from hair loss?

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: Is my friend suffering from hair loss?

Post by supremegentleman » 9 months ago

I join the "let him burn" camp. You will help him now and later he will treat you like dirt. Don't handle anything to anyone on a silver platter. If he asks what you did with your hair just bullshit him around as Rudiger suggested. Give him some of his own medicine. "It doesn't matter bro, just shave it off. Chicks dig the bald look!" "Just be confident! No one cares whether you have hair!" "Just hit the gym and get a tan bro!"

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Post by Arjen » 9 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
9 months ago
For close friends I feel there has to be a reasonable balance of power dynamics, look, intelligence etc. He's attractive and very appealing with a full head of hair but only slightly taller than the average woman, if he went full NW3 I don't think I could respect him and nor would others. Same if I had gone bald, appearances matter and hanging out with bald guys isn't a good look. It would ruin our friendship.

I'm happy for him to lose just enough hair that he knows what it is like and accepts what a problem it is, but I don't want him to go beyond NW2 or have diffusing to the point it is blatantly obvious he is balding. Considering his height and the fact he's had shoulder length hair since high school it shouldn't take too long for him to come around.
I agree with your very first sentence, although in my opinion and experience the looks-aspect is considerably smaller in such context as opposed to dating.

Let me make two examples:

There is a guy near whom I've got to know better and better through work. He stroke me as odd in the beginning and even after years, I still find a lot of things odd. I at the same time really like and value him quite a lot by now. Also, he can come across as nerdy, undynamic. And while he's smart, it does not result in quick-wittedness, he also speaks slowly and dresses uterly unfashionably. I've tried to partially merge him with friends of mine, but I didn't feel comfortable. I felt sorry for him, as my impression was that he noticed him talking was an impediment so he'd start just listening.

Guy from high school and uni had withdrawn somehow after moving in with his then girlfriend and now wife. When we first saw him again, he'd gained like 30kg. That had no impact on whether you'd still like to hang out with the guy, but I cannot deny that it was quite the topic for some time and still occasionally is. I think that's normal and I am sure me going bald in my young days was discussed also among those who I didn't talk directly to about it. But it's hard to imagine and understand for me why that would lead to a decrease in interaction and common exposure. In my experience, women are more strategic in this regard: some want other girls' hotness surrounding them, others are happy to to be the one whose looks stand out in relation to their company.

I do not care with friends. What I don't like though, and I admit this, is guys occasionally joining who are a) handsome/stealing the show and b) not providing any added value personality-wise as a mate.

JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 9 months ago

Arjen wrote:
9 months ago
I agree with your very first sentence, although in my opinion and experience the looks-aspect is considerably smaller in such context as opposed to dating.

Let me make two examples:

There is a guy near whom I've got to know better and better through work. He stroke me as odd in the beginning and even after years, I still find a lot of things odd. I at the same time really like and value him quite a lot by now. Also, he can come across as nerdy, undynamic. And while he's smart, it does not result in quick-wittedness, he also speaks slowly and dresses uterly unfashionably. I've tried to partially merge him with friends of mine, but I didn't feel comfortable. I felt sorry for him, as my impression was that he noticed him talking was an impediment so he'd start just listening.

Guy from high school and uni had withdrawn somehow after moving in with his then girlfriend and now wife. When we first saw him again, he'd gained like 30kg. That had no impact on whether you'd still like to hang out with the guy, but I cannot deny that it was quite the topic for some time and still occasionally is. I think that's normal and I am sure me going bald in my young days was discussed also among those who I didn't talk directly to about it. But it's hard to imagine and understand for me why that would lead to a decrease in interaction and common exposure. In my experience, women are more strategic in this regard: some want other girls' hotness surrounding them, others are happy to to be the one whose looks stand out in relation to their company.

I do not care with friends. What I don't like though, and I admit this, is guys occasionally joining who are a) handsome/stealing the show and b) not providing any added value personality-wise as a mate.
I think it's my personality type that I tend to be very monogamous when it comes to male friends so I'm more interested in someone at a similar level in various regards but enough difference to provide some interest and admiration. I've never felt any reason as a male to have other male friends apart that I hang out with beyond practical reasons (work etc) so couldn't bring myself to hang out with a guy that I thought was below me (bald or fat).

With women it's the opposite and there's usually a lot of reason and interest to sample the field and have very different types of female friends to talk to even if the situation is purely non-sexual. I don't find with guys there's any emotional or practical benefit to having friends of totally different standards intellectual or looks based standards because knowing their experience has no enriching aspect as it can with women, it just seems like a waste of time.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

JeanLucBB wrote:
9 months ago
I think it's my personality type that I tend to be very monogamous when it comes to male friends so I'm more interested in someone at a similar level in various regards but enough difference to provide some interest and admiration. I've never felt any reason as a male to have other male friends apart that I hang out with beyond practical reasons (work etc) so couldn't bring myself to hang out with a guy that I thought was below me (bald or fat).

With women it's the opposite and there's usually a lot of reason and interest to sample the field and have very different types of female friends to talk to even if the situation is purely non-sexual. I don't find with guys there's any emotional or practical benefit to having friends of totally different standards intellectual or looks based standards because knowing their experience has no enriching aspect as it can with women, it just seems like a waste of time.
I have an amount of female friends (if we use that term loosely) that many guys would find "useless", if they cannot fuck them. I am on your side, there are talks that can be held I find quite enriching, because if you know and corner them well enough, they'll open up and swift away from politcally correct and empty phrases.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 9 months ago

Arjen wrote:
9 months ago
I have an amount of female friends (if we use that term loosely) that many guys would find "useless", if they cannot fuck them. I am on your side, there are talks that can be held I find quite enriching, because if you know and corner them well enough, they'll open up and swift away from politcally correct and empty phrases.
It can be enriching for sure, but once you have a girlfriend, you can forget about that, at least if she has a minimum of self-respect. I know what the "red pilled" me of a few years ago would have said: "Fuck her, you do what you want, she's the one who's insecure!" Well, no, because if I turned the tables and I knew that my girlfriend was hanging out with guys, I'd feel exactly the same.

To be frank, I don't see what I could derive from such friendships anymore. In my experience, the girls you don't fuck are not being completely genuine when you interact with them. You'll usually think you're in a privileged position but trust me, you're not. You'll quickly hit a wall and she won't open up beyond a certain point, not in the way she'd open up with a female friend of her or a lover.

It's just not something that I do, either at work or in my personal life. I sometimes go have a drink with female colleagues or have a music session with female singer/musicians, but even then, my current values prevent me from deepening those relationships, I don't know if that makes sense, there is this invisible line you don't cross anymore once you're in an exclusive relationship.

My girlfriend would immediately tell me if I crossed the line, but I usually know when to stop. Meeting a female colleague one to one after work? That would be a no-no for example. Funnily enough these days, even though my work and social life are quite full, I can safely say I just don't have any female friends, and I don't feel like this is leaving a hole in my life at all.

Before I met my girlfriend, I'd have sex with basically all the girl I met on a regular basis, otherwise I'd cut them loose. It just doesn't sit right with me to spend a lot of time with a girl without having sex with her, it's like she put you in that "loser" category, and by that I mean that this is what's happening inside her head subconsciously "you won't ever get to reproduce with me, the way I see it, your genes should die out with you!" and it's always hanging over your head the whole time.

Every time I see a male acquaintance hanging out with (a) girl(s) I know he'll never have sex with, it just makes me cringe internally, no way around it, because I just know that they're hoping to get a shot with her/one of them someday. And the cringes intensifies when he's publicly sharing inside jokes with her on Facebook, she puts a :D smiley and then you click on the girl's profile, and you see her submissively smiling in the arms of her Chad boyfriend, and it's like you can draw a thinking speech bubble "lol at that cuck who thinks he'll ever have me by tagging me on funny Facebook videos!"

Jesus I don't what happens in my head sometimes :p.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 9 months ago

The guy has red hair. It appears that his hair is thicker than normal. He might not be going bald,
or it might be traction alopecia from putting his hair in a bun.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
9 months ago
I join the "let him burn" camp. You will help him now and later he will treat you like dirt. Don't handle anything to anyone on a silver platter. If he asks what you did with your hair just bullshit him around as Rudiger suggested. Give him some of his own medicine. "It doesn't matter bro, just shave it off. Chicks dig the bald look!" "Just be confident! No one cares whether you have hair!" "Just hit the gym and get a tan bro!"
You are like a little Eliot Rodger. You are angry at the world and you want to bring all the guys down with you. Even your friends.
It's like you are playing a video game which you can't win and then you just simply destroy the world. This Forum is going into a way I don't like.

Edited:
Arjen wrote:
9 months ago
I had very good times with an overweight female friend of mine. She is very intelligent and just a blast to hang out. I never cared about her weight. If the other person gives you value and you both have good conversations (which is so hard for me to find) why would the whole thing be "useless"?

What I also agree here with JeanLucBB is friends that try to "steal" girls you approach or try to put you down. I kicked out people that said something in front of others about my hair. I just don't need that. Especially from losers that have enough issues lol (its always them).
I once had a Tinder Date with a Spanish exchange student and I asked her if she has a friend to bring. I wanted to help my friend out to bang a woman too (I'm just too good for this world xD) and this fucker tried to steal the girl I was supposed to "have". A lot of men are your enemies. Rarely guys are happy for you when something good happens but that's another topic itself.
Last edited by JasonStatham 9 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
You are like a little Eliot Rodger. You are angry at the world and you want to bring all the guys down with you. Even your friends.
It's like you are playing a video game which you can't win and then you just simply destroy the world. This Forum is going into a way I don't like.
I noticed. @supremegentleman, lying and misleading people is just evil, it will worsen their lives and yours. You should almost always tell the truth, and to be able to do that, I guess you have to let go of your resentment and your desires of revenge.

If you can do something do improve another person's life (even your enemy's), no matter how small or seemingly trivial, I believe you have a responsibility to do it. It will be good for you, for that person, for everyone really.

Jealousy, bitterness and purposefully undermining others will lead you down a dark path, and yes, this is where Elliot Rodger started. We all saw what happens when you take those sick thoughts to their final conclusion.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
It can be enriching for sure, but once you have a girlfriend, you can forget about that, at least if she has a minimum of self-respect. I know what the "red pilled" me of a few years ago would have said: "Fuck her, you do what you want, she's the one who's insecure!" Well, no, because if I turned the tables and I knew that my girlfriend was hanging out with guys, I'd feel exactly the same.

To be frank, I don't see what I could derive from such friendships anymore. In my experience, the girls you don't fuck are not being completely genuine when you interact with them. You'll usually think you're their privileged confident but trust me, you're not. You'll quickly hit a wall and she won't open up beyond a certain point, not in the way she'd open up with a female friend of her or a lover.

It's just not something that I do, either at work or in my personal life. I sometimes go have a drink with female colleagues or have a music session with female singer/musicians, but even then, my current values prevent me from deepening those relationships, I don't know if that makes sense, there is this invisible line you don't cross anymore once you're in an exclusive relationship.

My girlfriend would immediately tell me if I crossed the line, but I usually know when to stop. Meeting a female colleague one to one after work? That would be a no-no for example. Funnily enough these days, even though my work and social life are quite full, I can safely say I just don't have any female friends, and I don't feel like this is leaving a hole in my life at all.

Before I met my girlfriend, I'd have sex with basically all the girl I met on a regular basis, otherwise I'd cut them loose. It just doesn't sit right with me to spend a lot of time with a girl without having sex with her, it's like she put you in that "loser" category, and by that I mean that this is what's happening inside her head subconsciously "you won't ever get to reproduce with me, the way I see it, your genes should die out with you!" and it's always hanging over your head the whole time.

Every time I see a male acquaintance hanging out with (a) girl(s) I know he'll never have sex with, it just makes me cringe internally, no way around it, because I just know that they're hoping to get a shot with her/one of them someday. And the cringes intensifies when he's publicly sharing inside jokes with her on Facebook, she puts a :D smiley and then you click on the girl's profile, and you see her submissively smiling in the arms of her Chad boyfriend, and it's like you can draw a thinking speech bubble "lol at that cuck who thinks he'll ever have me by tagging me on funny Facebook videos!"

Jesus I don't what happens in my head sometimes :p.
Just like guys with whom I won't and they won't cross a certain line, ther are of course girls where I can sense they won't (and normally I wouldn't want myself) when it comes to a completely honest exchange of thoughts. I am not saying this to brag (or to give the impression of being delusional), but I sincerly believe there are 3 girls girls who are able to talk better about a lot of things than they can with their partner or their best female friend (in the case of the girls who doesn't have a partner). There are plenty of more superficial good connections, but I find them rather easy to spot, and they can provide value as well - I do not have and want to share profound thoughts with all the people I meet. Nor do I need to ffel to a) urge to fuck girls I see or b) actually fuck them to see any purpose. Which, admittedly, is odd, especially since when it comes to girls, they tend to be on the attractive side, when it's more than coffee and lunch, but I truly do not think I'd subconsciously like to fuck them if nly I managed to push that through. I sometimes ponder with the idea of making a move just for the sake of testing their reaction, even though I'm not actually tempted - but I'd only do it with girls whom I wouldn't be too sad to lose as a person in my life. I might gonna give it a try next week when I'm going to see one of them.

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice

Post by White Ferrari » 9 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
What I also agree here with JeanLucBB is friends that try to "steal" girls you approach or try to put you down. I kicked out people that said something in front of others about my hair. I just don't need that. Especially from losers that have enough issues lol (its always them).
I once had a Tinder Date with a Spanish exchange student and I asked her if she has a friend to bring. I wanted to help my friend out to bang a woman too (I'm just too good for this world xD) and this fucker tried to steal the girl I was supposed to "have". A lot of men are your enemies. Rarely guys are happy for you when something good happens but that's another topic itself.
I find this to be very true. I believe a good friendship test is whether the other person is genuinely happy when something good happens for you. If you really think about it, chances are you won't have more than 1-2 friends like that. Many don't necessarily want bad things for you but they certainly don't want you to shine too much either.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

White Ferrari wrote:
9 months ago
I find this to be very true. I believe a good friendship test is whether the other person is genuinely happy when something good happens for you. If you really think about it, chances are you won't have more than 1-2 friends like that. Many don't necessarily want bad things for you but they certainly don't want you to shine too much either.
Men I'd have the feeling that might not be the case (and yes, there are many, I guess), I wouldn't consider friends. I'm almost 37 and I've never been left truly disappointed by a friend; I haven't had more than 10 in my whole life though. More than enough still.

Thanks, @admin, for the removal - I've had two beers instead of lunch, and I'm not British.
Last edited by Arjen 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

White Ferrari wrote:
9 months ago
I agree.

@blackg

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by JasonStatham » 9 months ago

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
I agree.

@blackg
Don't give me advice from this Beta Peterson mate. I stick to my Alpha bruhs.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

JasonStatham wrote:
9 months ago
Don't give me advice from this Beta Peterson mate. I stick to my Alpha bruhs.
12 Alpha Bruh Rules For Life:

1. Being free is all that matters in life

2. Block all negative thoughts every time they arise and replace them with positive affirmations

3. Make friends with people who have deep thoughts, like "one day we'll all be old so we should be respectful to old people"

4. If you're not conventionally attractive, accept that no woman will ever be attracted to you

5. If you're conventionally attractive, you'll never be mocked (even behind your back), bullied or betrayed by other people

6. Be honest to your girlfriend and just tell her that you're sleeping around with other girls, honesty is key so everything should be fine

7. At work, look at people who are at the top of your hierarchy and just make other people (and women!) understand that you have their job. Example: you're not a nurse, you're a medic who deals with mentally-ill patients all the time. Vagueness is key.

8. Your girlfriend should give you blowjobs all day if that's what you want, otherwise she doesn't love you

9. No matter what happens, hell could be breaking loose around you, it doesn't matter, you'll keep your peace of mind, because truly admirable people always have peace of mind, negative thoughts and experiences are for the weak and mentally-ill (refer to rule 2.)

10. Tell anyone who doesn't agree with your views that they are frustrated, bitter and obviously want to take it all out on you

11. Tell anyone who disagree with your views that they are good people, that they are successful and obviously doing everything right

12. Last but not least: in every other conversation, always mention how you're abiding by all the rules above: tell them about your freedom, your peace of mind, how you never get negative thoughts, how you'll never have to worry about being hurt thanks to your good looks. Tell them you're honest, that you have a prestigious career, how your 9/10 19 year old girlfriend worships you. Don't forget to list them all in broken sentences. Like this. And always wrap it all up by saying that you have many sides to you and that many people have told you that and that they weren't just anyone but other alpha bruhs just like you.

Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Admin wrote:
9 months ago
12 Alpha Bruh Rules For Life:

1. Being free is all that matters in life

2. Block all negative thoughts every time they arise and replace them with positive affirmations

3. Make friends with people who have deep thoughts, like "one day we'll all be old so we should be respectful to old people"

4. If you're not conventionally attractive, accept that no woman will ever be attracted to you

5. If you're conventionally attractive, you'll never be mocked (even behind your back), bullied or betrayed by other people

6. Be honest to your girlfriend and just tell her that you're sleeping around with other girls, honesty is key so everything should be fine

7. At work, look at people who are at the top of your hierarchy and just make other people (and women!) understand that you have their job. Example: you're not a nurse, you're a medic who deals with mentally-ill patients all the time. Vagueness is key.

8. Your girlfriend should give you blowjobs all day if that's what you want, otherwise she doesn't love you

9. No matter what happens, hell could be breaking loose around you, it doesn't matter, you'll keep your peace of mind, because truly admirable people always have peace of mind, negative thoughts and experiences are for the weak and mentally-ill (refer to rule 2.)

10. Tell anyone who doesn't agree with your views that they are frustrated, bitter and obviously want to take it all out on you

11. Tell anyone who disagree with your views that they are good people, that they are successful and obviously doing everything right

12. Last but not least: in every other conversation, always mention how you're abiding by all the rules above: tell them about your freedom, your peace of mind, how you never get negative thoughts, how you'll never have to worry about being hurt thanks to your good looks. Tell them you're honest, that you have a prestigious career, how your 9/10 19 year old girlfriend worships you. Don't forget to list them all in broken sentences. Like this. And always wrap it all up by saying that you have many sides to you and that many people have told you that and that they weren't just anyone but other alpha bruhs just like you.
How can it be that the car-element is not covered by those rules though? ;)