Need motivation, desperate and depressed over my hair loss

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: Need motivation, desperate and depressed over my hair loss

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Dht it seems is less than useless to me. I still don’t understand how some men need it for proper function and some don’t. It makes me wonder if it has more to do with the individual’s reaction to a hormonal change than the dht itself. For me testosterone is more than enough

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
It makes me wonder if it has more to do with the individual’s reaction to a hormonal change than the dht itself.
That is exactly it. DHT is a natural hormone, but for poor fuckers like us even small or normal amounts of DHT is enough for our hair follicles to go on a suicide mission.
The real question is - what makes some people so sensitive to DHT that they go cueball in their youth while others cruise through a lifetime with all (or most) of their hair follicles intact?
It must be some kind of sick joke, I mean what did anyone do to deserve it? The only answer I can come up with is evolution, I guess to be winners there has to be losers as well. Unfortunately we are the losers in this respect.
However, we choose how we deal with this problem. We can let it fuck with our heads and throw us into a deep dark hole, or we can keep our (shiny) heads held high and march on. Of course, and I tell everyone with hair loss this; try treating your hair loss if you can, but stay safe while doing it. No point in becoming a wandering scientific experiment to gain a few strands back, so stick to proven treatments.
Take the steps necessary to better your life, even if it means going to drastic measures like getting a hair transplant or worst case scenario - a hair piece.
If we let hair loss get the better of us, it will, trust me. This disease stole years of my youth, years I could have spent doing other things than frantically trying to cure my hair loss, a fight I was destined to lose anyway.
We must live our lives the best way we can, and appreciate the small things. We must work to better ourselves in every possible way we can, but accept that some things we cannot change - at least yet :mrgreen:

vincentmh
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: saw palmetto, zinc thymulin, nizoral

Post by vincentmh » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
Dht it seems is less than useless to me. I still don’t understand how some men need it for proper function and some don’t. It makes me wonder if it has more to do with the individual’s reaction to a hormonal change than the dht itself. For me testosterone is more than enough
so sexually it depends and it is different for everyone i guess, some can go without it some dont.

But as i say i was talking more mentally.

I've read that finasteride can disrupt neurosteroids because 5AR is involved in a pathway for their production. It could causes several alterations in the section of the brain responsible for processing long-term memory and emotional responses.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

vincentmh wrote:
1 year ago
in what offcial scientific document you read dht is not useless after puberty ? not even talking about dht and sexuality but dht as a male hormone for the brain health, etc. I read more than 10 + scientific documents about dht positive effect on men (not even sexual).

If dht would be completely useless after puberty for human male than nature would have made it that way with the evolution and once he hits puberty, the male dht will get lower and even be supressed. But i can be totally wrong.
I can't cite a specific scientific document or medical journal saying DHT is 100% useless, so you got me there. The only side effects that have been properly documented are sexual ones, though I've seen mention of "brain fog" on forums like Propeciahelp. On the other hand, that place is also home to people who claim Finasteride gave them numbed anuses. Can you provide some links to these studies? I'm genuinely interested.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

vincentmh
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: saw palmetto, zinc thymulin, nizoral

Post by vincentmh » 1 year ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago
I can't cite a specific scientific document or medical journal saying DHT is 100% useless, so you got me there. The only side effects that have been properly documented are sexual ones, though I've seen mention of "brain fog" on forums like Propeciahelp. On the other hand, that place is also home to people who claim Finasteride gave them numbed anuses. Can you provide some links to these studies? I'm genuinely interested.
No cause i think ''numbed anuses'' from finasteride use sounds stupid too hahaha you are right

What i was saying is i truly believe in evolution and if dht is useless after puberty then the human male as a species will eventually get rid of it in the next thousands of years + (or it should have already happenned)

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

vincentmh wrote:
1 year ago
No cause i think ''numbed anuses'' from finasteride use sounds stupid too hahaha you are right

What i was saying is i truly believe in evolution and if dht is useless after puberty then the human male as a species will eventually get rid of it in the next thousands of years + (or it should have already happenned)
hills_have_eyes.jpg
hills_have_eyes.jpg (2.75 KiB) Viewed 987 times
Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
Try taking estrogen. It did great things for Caitlyn Jenner.
Think happy thoughts.