Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
Post Reply
User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2025
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5151
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#3

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

I thought I'd start off this forum with a "classic" story of mine, it's an anecdote over something that happened to me very recently: so I was travelling Southern Europe with my girlfriend, and well, for those of you who don't know my current situation: I've had two hair transplants and I'm roughly 5 months after my second FUE. My hair at the front looks more than decent these days and I can grow it out, but my crown is still very thin, not slick bald but you can tell when you look at the back of my head.

So my girlfriend and I are at the restaurant and I was having a pretty good time on our trip so far, then this overweight NW6 waiter comes over to take our order. After our food arrived, I ask him if I can get ketchup and mayonnaise.

He gets playfully upset and says "that's not good for your hair!" I'm like "what did he say?" I turn to my girlfriend: "Did you hear that?" "Yeah he said it's not good for your health!" "Oh, Jesus, my hair loss is really warping my sense of reality, I thought he said hair". "Nooo, don't worry :)."

Then the guy comes back with the sauces and he says: "You know that's why you're losing your hair!" I immediately ignore him and turn to my girlfriend "See?" I hear the guy in the background say "I'm sorry, sir, I'm sorry it was a joke." I still pay not attention to him. My girlfriend is like: "I'm shocked! I mean, you're a client here!"

Anyway, my girlfriend cheers me up a little: "you hair looks great, he's an asshole!" and I tell her: "You see, that's how you know you're not out of the woods when it comes to hair loss, the day it's not possible for people to say things like that to me, I will know that my hair loss is cured."

Ah well, it barely affected me but it was not surprising. Funny how the first comment I get on my hair in like a year comes from one of our "bald brothers". This really shows that they can be our worst enemies sometimes.
:christian-cross:

User avatar
Marki
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 108
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 128

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#6

Post by Marki » 2 years ago

Nice story and all true as usual, and who knows maybe mayo is good for the hair - rich in essential oils.

I've been trying apple cider vinegar a couple times a week and have to admit it makes my hair look and feel better.

Can I honestly say I've seen regrowth? No, but doesn't hurt to add to regime and see how it works with the other proven things.

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2025
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5151
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#7

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

Marki wrote:
2 years ago
Nice story and all true as usual, and who knows maybe mayo is good for the hair - rich in essential oils.

I've been trying apple cider vinegar a couple times a week and have to admit it makes my hair look and feel better.

Can I honestly say I've seen regrowth? No, but doesn't hurt to add to regime and see how it works with the other proven things.
Nice to see you here Marki :).

If you're going to experiment with natural treatments, it should always be as a complement to proven treatment.

I've used Apple Cider Vinegar on my hair for like 6 months and my hair did get much better while on it, but at the same time, I was also on minoxidil, so looking back, I'd put all my money on the minoxidil doing its magic.

The guys on Hairlosstalk at the time (2011, boy I'm getting old) used to call it my "salad dressing regimen" :lol: .

As long as it doesn't cost you too much and it's not a hassle to include in your daily routine, why not?
:christian-cross:

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 947
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1697
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#8

Post by Arjen » 2 years ago

Belgians and mayo...but I totally get you, I‘m exotic eating my french fries with it, but it‘s just much better than with ketchup.

I kind of like your reaction to the waiter. I never take offenve from people I deem inferior unless they discovered something negative about me I hadn‘t been aware of, which would at least get me thinking.

I‘d probably have joked along lightheartedly and maybe got one back at him („I lost a lot when I had to study in the library“ or something), but your reaction was adequate as in you were the guest if you make such a comment, you should know the guest‘s boundaries really well before you make a rather simple-minded, uninspiring joke - was the dessert free at least?

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2025
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5151
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#9

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

Arjen wrote:
2 years ago
Belgians and mayo...but I totally get you, I‘m
exotic eating my french fries with it, but it‘s just much better than with ketchup.

I kind of like your reaction to the waiter. I never take offenve from people I deem inferior unless they discovered something negative about me I hadn‘t been aware of, which would at least get me thinking.

I‘d probably have joked along lightheartedly and maybe got one back at him („I lost a lot when I had to study in the library“ or something), but your reaction was adequate as in you were the guest if you make such a comment, you should know the guest‘s boundaries really well before you make a rather simple-minded, uninspiring joke - was the dessert free at least?
Haha, I just remembered, my girlfriend had a great comeback:

"You should have just replied: so you must have eaten a lot of sauce then!"

Oh no, he didn't make any gesture afterwards, I had to pay for that chocolate mousse, and even gave him a small tip. As my best friend would say: "You swallowed your pride again!".

But the fact that he said he was sorry, that's already remarkable in my opinion. He could have doubled down like many difficult people and said: "Ah come on, are you really offended by that?! I'm just playing with you!"
:christian-cross:

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 947
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 1697
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#10

Post by Arjen » 2 years ago

I agree, his professional sense caught up with him after all, do fair enough. But yes, even the most unprofessional waiter would probably never make a joke about a guest‘s weight - and not just because he wants you to eat as much as possible, which would indicate some professionalism anyways. ;)

I‘m hungry now, I need something with mayo, I think...

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 3783
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#28

Post by Rudiger » 2 years ago

NW6 giving hair loss tips. :?
Look, fat...

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2104
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#6985

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Today I had a 'high strung' road rage, for some reason I felt like I was going
to a great party, and using some illegal substances (which I "just say no to", by
the way)

I was between two yellow lights, one guy was just chatting away turning left,
facing my vehicle, the other guy ahead of me was wiping his ass, and laughing
at me. There was no room (car right behind me, legally behind the red light).

So what did I do? I kept honking my horn, and disrupted them both as long as I
could (dangerous road, I'm just lucky I wasn't killed).

After that I cut in front of driver ahead of me, and started driving as slow
as I could.

So, was I lucky not to be killed, yes. Was this a little bit fun, yes it was.

User avatar
Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 2025
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 5151
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.
Location: Belgium
Age: 30
Contact:

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#6987

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
Today I had a 'high strung' road rage, for some reason I felt like I was going
to a great party, and using some illegal substances (which I "just say no to", by
the way)

I was between two yellow lights, one guy was just chatting away turning left,
facing my vehicle, the other guy ahead of me was wiping his ass, and laughing
at me. There was no room (car right behind me, legally behind the red light).

So what did I do? I kept honking my horn, and disrupted them both as long as I
could (dangerous road, I'm just lucky I wasn't killed).

After that I cut in front of driver ahead of me, and started driving as slow
as I could.

So, was I lucky not to be killed, yes. Was this a little bit fun, yes it was.
This post reminds of the Simpsons episode where drunk Homer turns to Lisa doing her homework and says:

Homer "And then Barney says, you're wrong mate and I tell him, shut up!"

Lisa: "I don't see the link with the War of Secession"

Homer: "One minute I'm getting at it!"
:christian-cross:

User avatar
rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 2104
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#6988

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
This post reminds of the Simpsons episode where drunk Homer turns to Lisa doing her homework and says:

Homer "And then Barney says, you're wrong mate and I tell him, shut up!"

Lisa: "I don't see the link with the War of Secession"

Homer: "One minute I'm getting at it!"
It's 3:06 AM here, I can't make make this shit up (but tomorrow I can
make up tons of bullshit, and I definitely promise to make up for it).

I actually got into an accident with a driver trying to "squeeze" in
my lane, so I'm not always that lucky. (This was a couple of years
ago).

(Only my car was damaged).

User avatar
Xexos
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 672
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 810
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: White women
Age: 20

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#12355

Post by Xexos » 1 year ago

Shit, i actually have mayonnaise addiction.

I got it from this anime character
Image
You're a shit tier dumb poster - earth is flat etc. Reminds me of the clueless aunt, uncle John was good, the kids always loved him, this is a shock to us. -Wolf Nutsack, 2020

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1352
Joined: 2 years ago
Reputation: 3783
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#12356

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago
This post reminds of the Simpsons episode where drunk Homer turns to Lisa doing her homework and says:

Homer "And then Barney says, you're wrong mate and I tell him, shut up!"

Lisa: "I don't see the link with the War of Secession"

Homer: "One minute I'm getting at it!"
Lol in Belgian Simpsons they say "mate". This is hilarious on so many levels.
Look, fat...

User avatar
EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 617
Joined: 1 year ago
Reputation: 1985
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Mayonnaise is the reason you're losing your hair

#12358

Post by EvilLocks » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
2 years ago
I thought I'd start off this forum with a "classic" story of mine, it's an anecdote over something that happened to me very recently: so I was travelling Southern Europe with my girlfriend, and well, for those of you who don't know my current situation: I've had two hair transplants and I'm roughly 5 months after my second FUE. My hair at the front looks more than decent these days and I can grow it out, but my crown is still very thin, not slick bald but you can tell when you look at the back of my head.

So my girlfriend and I are at the restaurant and I was having a pretty good time on our trip so far, then this overweight NW6 waiter comes over to take our order. After our food arrived, I ask him if I can get ketchup and mayonnaise.

He gets playfully upset and says "that's not good for your hair!" I'm like "what did he say?" I turn to my girlfriend: "Did you hear that?" "Yeah he said it's not good for your health!" "Oh, Jesus, my hair loss is really warping my sense of reality, I thought he said hair". "Nooo, don't worry :)."

Then the guy comes back with the sauces and he says: "You know that's why you're losing your hair!" I immediately ignore him and turn to my girlfriend "See?" I hear the guy in the background say "I'm sorry, sir, I'm sorry it was a joke." I still pay not attention to him. My girlfriend is like: "I'm shocked! I mean, you're a client here!"

Anyway, my girlfriend cheers me up a little: "you hair looks great, he's an asshole!" and I tell her: "You see, that's how you know you're not out of the woods when it comes to hair loss, the day it's not possible for people to say things like that to me, I will know that my hair loss is cured."

Ah well, it barely affected me but it was not surprising. Funny how the first comment I get on my hair in like a year comes from one of our "bald brothers". This really shows that they can be our worst enemies sometimes.
Hilarious. You should have told him "thanks for the advice, I can see that it's working for you'' :lol:
Reminds me a bit of that one time someone told me I should start using hand soap to wash my hair in order to grow it back. The sad part about it was that that ''someone'' was a doctor in what looked to be his 60s with probably 30+ years of practice.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post