Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
Post Reply
User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 692
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by kj6723 » 4 months ago

It can be easy to forget how completely separated people who have never experienced hair loss are from this world. Today at work I was reminded of this. Two of my female coworkers were discussing Trump's hair, and they decided to drag me into the conversation:

Female coworker #1:"*Kj* hasn't started doing the combover yet"

Female coworker #2: "Well, you never know when it might start going."

Female coworker #1: "No he's 30 and still has a good head of hair. Usually if you're going to lose it it's started by the late 20's. Kj you're fine."





Image



I'm not even sure if the joke is on me or on them


Cheers to living life without dht
Last edited by kj6723 4 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 692
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by kj6723 » 4 months ago

Damnit I still haven't figured out how to properly embed gifs on this forum. It's ruining the flow and comedic effect of my posts!

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1507
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 3269
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by Admin » 4 months ago

kj6723 wrote:
4 months ago
Damnit I still haven't figured out how to properly embed gifs on this forum. It's ruining the flow and comedic effect of my posts!
You need an image ending in gif and use the image tag like you would for any normal image.

Fixed it for you :) .

User avatar
kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 308
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 692
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, dermastamp 1.5mm weekly, nizoral 1% whenever

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by kj6723 » 4 months ago

Admin wrote:
4 months ago
You need an image ending in gif and use the image tag like you would for any normal image.

Fixed it for you :) .
Thank you good sir! You are a gentleman and a scholar

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2009
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by JasonStatham » 4 months ago

kj6723 wrote:
4 months ago
It can be easy to forget how completely separated people who have never experienced hair loss are from this world. Today at work I was reminded of this. Two of my female coworkers were discussing Trump's hair, and they decided to drag me into the conversation:

Female coworker #1:"*Kj* hasn't started doing the combover yet"

Female coworker #2: "Well, you never know when it might start going."

Female coworker #1: "No he's 30 and still has a good head of hair. Usually if you're going to lose it it's started by the late 20's. Kj you're fine."





Image



I'm not even sure if the joke is on me or on them


Cheers to living life without dht
Imagine you have a conversation with your work buddy about Betty the overweight secretary:

Male coworker 1: "Betty gained so much weight after her holiday"
Male coworker 2: "Yeah she was chubby before her Greece holidays but now?! Jesus her chair is screaming in pain!"

Betty the secretary hears about the conversation: "What did you two guys just said? Sexist male pigs you raped me!!!! #metoo"

#mebaldtoo

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 877
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2337
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

Here's a pretty typical point of view I heard in the gym not too long ago and forgot to update y'all (which reminds me I was going to write it in the weight lifting thread along with my full body update for kj, but now I'll do that shortly)

A guy walks in to the changing rooms, I kinda know him from just going there and I've noticed he's always got a hat on. Young enough guy, a good amount of muscle mass, tone and also low body fat, that instantly impressive "that guy works out" that all gym goers strive for. But I was always suspicious, he could only be early 20s, already that size and tone, so he's possibly compensating for some debilitating feature right?

He unveils the beanie in front of me and 2 others - terrible diffuse. Jon Cryer diffuse. He had tufty medium length hair to make it worse, along with sweatyness and harsh locker room lights, it was just whisps. Even though I had nearly finished changing I was that intrigued I wanted to stay around just to see if he could create the most magical toppik combover from this.

But alas, normies opinion from 2 guys near me, and I could sort of tell both of them looked right at him as he went by and kind of smirked at each other, as diffuse guy gets out of ear shot one of them says-

"Welp, that's what will happen when you wear a hat 24/7"

No, comments like that is precisely why you fucking wear a hat 24/7.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 207
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 313
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by supremegentleman » 4 months ago

I really don't get those people who wear hats 24/7. To me it is ridiculous. Not to mention that it is rude and disrespectful to wear a hat indoors (at least that is the etiquette I was raised with) but I notice this behaviour very often especially in young people.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 877
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2337
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by Rudiger » 4 months ago

supremegentleman wrote:
4 months ago
I really don't get those people who wear hats 24/7. To me it is ridiculous. Not to mention that it is rude and disrespectful to wear a hat indoors (at least that is the etiquette I was raised with) but I notice this behaviour very often especially in young people.
I'm pretty hard line when it comes to outlandish male fashion choices of any type, and going out of your way to wear a fucking accessory on your damn head, for no apparent reason? (Of course apart from sunlight or cold)

I think most people consider middle aged men wearing baseball caps as a bid, mid-life crisis (or indicative of one incoming), some find younger guys than that, maybe 30, as still trying hard to be kids. Well I'm a bit more extreme on this, if you're over like fucking 12 or something, grow up and stop looking ridiculous. There's no excuses anymore to want to care about this look.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1074
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1391

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
4 months ago
Imagine you have a conversation with your work buddy about Betty the overweight secretary:

Male coworker 1: "Betty gained so much weight after her holiday"
Male coworker 2: "Yeah she was chubby before her Greece holidays but now?! Jesus her chair is screaming in pain!"

Betty the secretary hears about the conversation: "What did you two guys just said? Sexist male pigs you raped me!!!! #metoo"

#mebaldtoo
Well in this hypothetical situation I can sympathize with Betty.
Betty has been raped in a sense because she has been violated in two ways.
Psychologically and socially.

She has also been put into a lower female status class because of her unfortunate weight gain.
This is no fault of her own.

Anyway, this conversation about Betty should never occur between two reasonable men.
behold the sins of our forefathers

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2009
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by JasonStatham » 4 months ago

blackg wrote:
4 months ago
Well in this hypothetical situation I can sympathize with Betty.
Betty has been raped in a sense because she has been violated in two ways.
Psychologically and socially.

She has also been put into a lower female status class because of her unfortunate weight gain.
This is no fault of her own.

Anyway, this conversation about Betty should never occur between two reasonable men.
Of course it should not happen its horrible. But telling openly a young balding man that he looks bad, will lead him straight to hairlosstalk. That's also being raped socially and psychologically. The point is the double standard which I also had to experience.

User avatar
koolaidshade
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 171
Joined: 6 months ago
Reputation: 244
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: big 3, microneedling for absorption

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by koolaidshade » 4 months ago

Wearing hats indoors is like wearing sunglasses at night; only no-talent douchebags do it


0:13

User avatar
That Guy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 669
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1696
Norwood: NW2.5

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by That Guy » 4 months ago

Thread title is an oxymoron as there is no understanding among non-sufferers and anything they think they know about it is usually an old wive's tale.

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Posts: 1074
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1391

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by blackg » 4 months ago

That Guy wrote:
4 months ago
Thread title is an oxymoron as there is no understanding among non-sufferers and anything they think they know about it is usually an old wive's tale.
Not really an oxymoron because what you just described is their understanding.
behold the sins of our forefathers

User avatar
Murkey Thumb
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 153
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 288
Norwood: NW4

Re: Understanding of male pattern baldness in the non-hair loss community

Post by Murkey Thumb » 1 month ago

I was in a bar in Newcastle over Christmas and having over consumed a few beverages I kind of lost a little of my inhibitions and started to talk innocently to a couple of nice looking ladies. This is out of character as I am happily married and normally shy away from the bar scene, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Anyway I accidently heard them talking about me on the way back from the lavs. They started positively in fact one said to the other he is really nice and good looking then; "therein lie's the rub" the second one said "yes he is but he has shit hair"!

There you go that is it in a nut shell they had brought me down to the fact that I have shit hair. In their minds you have good hair(dateable) or shit hair(un-dateable).

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest