God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am

Yeah this thread is for real :p.

So I've been following Jonathan Pageau for a while, he's a friend of Jordan Peterson that now offer symbolic interpretations of Bible stories, movies or cultural phenomenons like the pepe meme.

I had already listened to this podcast with Joe Rogan and Douglas Murray where our bald brother makes fun of this story in the Bible, in which a bald guy gets mocked by kids calling him "baldie! baldie!" (yeah, that kind of shit is even in the Bible) and then God summons a female bear to eat them.

In this video, Jonathan Pageau explains why this happened:



This might sound a bit weird if you're not familiar with his analysis but I thought it was interesting to post it on this forum. Anyway, I'm glad God is on our side :lol: .

I think we've all heard of a similar story, the thick NW1 fullhead who goes around pointing fingers and mocking bald(ing) guys and a few years later, surprise! He starts losing his hair.

I lived that pattern in my own family, where my own cousin would arrogantly tell me that I was overreacting and that I should stop being so distressed over "only hair".

Less than a couple of years later, alopecia areata struck him hard and he ended up hiding at home for a year, only going out to go to work, where his boss would tell him: "look, the clients don't like it, you should just shave it off!".

Here's an example of that pattern among celebrities, Prince Harry mocking Prince William for his hair loss:

Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 am
Reputation: 287
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Uncle Grandfather » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:23 am

To be honest, I've never seen any firsthand accounts of this being true. One of my friends would tease this girl in our grade and call her "Easter Island forehead" (you can probably guess why), and he's still a NW0 in his late 20s. Also the pricks I remember giving me shit for my hair are still not bald. Maybe in our 30s things will be different, though.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:31 am
Reputation: 1263
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by JasonStatham » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 am

Admin wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am
Yeah this thread is for real :p.

So I've been following Jonathan Pageau for a while, he's a friend of Jordan Peterson that now offer symbolic interpretations of Bible stories, movies or cultural phenomenons like the pepe meme.

I had already listened to this podcast with Joe Rogan and Douglas Murray where our bald brother makes fun of this story in the Bible, in which a bald guy gets mocked by kids calling him "baldie! baldie!" (yeah, that kind of shit is even in the Bible) and then God summons a female bear to eat them.

In this video, Jonathan Pageau explains why this happened:



This might sound a bit weird if you're not familiar with his analysis but I thought it was interesting to post it on this forum. Anyway, I'm glad God is on our side :lol: .

I think we've all heard of a similar story, the thick NW1 fullhead who goes around pointing fingers and mocking bald(ing) guys and a few years later, surprise! He starts losing his hair.

I lived that pattern in my own family, where my own cousin would arrogantly tell me that I was overreacting and that I should stop being so distressed over "only hair".

Less than a couple of years later, alopecia areata struck him hard and he ended up hiding at home for a year, only going out to go to work, where his boss would tell him: "look, the clients don't like it, you should just shave it off!".

Here's an example of that pattern among celebrities, Prince Harry mocking Prince William for his hair loss:

Prince Harry had hair in his party lifestyle time. Now he is balding the same time he got married. That's a perfect time. But I have a feeling that his wife is going to push him to get an hair transplant. She seems like that kind of a person.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:23 am
To be honest, I've never seen any firsthand accounts of this being true. One of my friends would tease this girl in our grade and call her "Easter Island forehead" (you can probably guess why), and he's still a NW0 in his late 20s. Also the pricks I remember giving me shit for my hair are still not bald. Maybe in our 30s things will be different, though.
I'm well-aware that this is not always true :p.

The take-away here is that you should never carelessly mock other people for their shortcomings or their weaknesses, because as soon as you do that, you put a target on your back and some people (usually the ones with the shortcoming you mocked) will start watching you like a hawk.

As Jonathan Pageau explains in the video, this is what happened to the people who started the #metoo movement guns blazing, pointing fingers at the ones they deemed guilty, only to get a taste of their own medicine later down the line.

While it's not always true and karma doesn't always curse people making such vile comments the way we want to, I believe that no one ever gets away anything, and if you engage in that sort of behavior, it's going to come back at you one way or another, even if it's just ending up being tortured by the process of ageing as you grow old.

We don't even have to go that far, such behavior often stems from narcissism, and to bounce off what we were talking about in the Wolf Pack thread. Narcissists love to dish it out, but they absolutely can't take it. So the guy wouldn't think twice about being absolutely vicious when it came to my looks or the state of my hair, but try to make even a very subtle allusion about his short stature and he would absolutely lose it and start raging all over the place.

If you judge others on their supposed shortcomings so harshly, you need to be aware that it's very likely that you could find yourself in a position of weakness someday, or immediately, as it was the case with Wolf Pack. For every human being, there is something to be found, an error, a weakness, a mistake you've made, no one is ever safe in that regard.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:35 am
Reputation: 186
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Exodus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am

Admin wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 am
I'm well-aware that this is not always true :p.

The take-away here is that you should never carelessly mock other people for their shortcomings or their weaknesses, because as soon as you do that, you put a target on your back and some people (usually the ones with the shortcoming you mocked) will start watching you like a hawk.

As Jonathan Pageau explains in the video, this is what happened to the people who started the #metoo movement guns blazing, pointing fingers at the ones they deemed guilty, only to get a taste of their own medicine later down the line.

While it's not always true and karma doesn't always curse people making such vile comments the way we want to, I believe that no one ever gets away anything, and if you engage in that sort of behavior, it's going to come back at you one way or another, even if it's just ending up being tortured by the process of ageing as you grow old.

We don't even have to go that far, such behavior often stems from narcissism, and to bounce off what we were talking about in the Wolf Pack thread. Narcissists love to dish it out, but they absolutely can't take it. So the guy wouldn't think twice about being absolutely vicious when it came to my looks or the state of my hair, but try to make even a very subtle allusion about his short stature and he would absolutely lose it and start raging all over the place.

If you judge others on their supposed shortcomings so harshly, you need to be aware that it's very likely that you could find yourself in a position of weakness someday, or immediately, as it was the case with Wolf Pack. For every human being, there is something to be found, an error, a weakness, a mistake you've made, no one is ever safe in that regard.
lol i just was viciously roasting this ugly guy yesterday. i just cant help it to be honest. bald misery makes me need some sort of outlet. no offese but you at 6'3 dont know this absolutely horrendous feeling of inferiority in every possible way

i was considering suicide but obviously survival instinct and not wanting to experience nothingness. im considering resorting to religion and praying to be honest.

User avatar
Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:49 am
Reputation: 287
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 5% Minoxidil, 1 mg Finasteride, Nizoral

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Uncle Grandfather » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Exodus wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:48 am
lol i just was viciously roasting this ugly guy yesterday. i just cant help it to be honest. bald misery makes me need some sort of outlet. no offese but you at 6'3 dont know this absolutely horrendous feeling of inferiority in every possible way

i was considering suicide but obviously survival instinct and not wanting to experience nothingness. im considering resorting to religion and praying to be honest.
Manlet + balding is truly one of the worst genetic "fuck yous" I think there is. I actually made an attempt on my life before 20 because of this. People DO treat you worse because of your appearance, no matter what anyone says. The halo effect is very real.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Rudiger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 am

This thread got me watching Pageau again, admin you've got a good taste in YouTube channels, we should set up a thread on that topic. I had forgotten about Saad as well until you posted him.

But in confused about this:



Am I missing something here because Peterson is openly a practicing Christian? Even the comments don't point this out. I don't get it.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by blackg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am

Peterson is a practicing opportunist. That's all.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:45 pm
Reputation: 2170
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Admin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 am

Rudiger wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:24 am
This thread got me watching Pageau again, admin you've got a good taste in YouTube channels, we should set up a thread on that topic. I had forgotten about Saad as well until you posted him.

But in confused about this:



Am I missing something here because Peterson is openly a practicing Christian? Even the comments don't point this out. I don't get it.
Jordan Peterson never said that he was a Christian or that he believes in God. He's keeping it vague to avoid people putting him into a box.
blackg wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 am
Peterson is a practicing opportunist. That's all.
Yeah the real reason Peterson put his livelihood on the line by opposing Bill C-16 back in 2016 was so he could make tons of money to buy himself a yacht on which he would party non-stop, get 1k likes on Facebook and bang supermodels.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am
Reputation: 1500
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Rudiger » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:40 am

Admin wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 am
Jordan Peterson never said that he was a Christian or that he believes in God. He's keeping it vague to avoid people putting him into a box.



Yeah the real reason Peterson put his livelihood on the line by opposing Bill C-16 back in 2016 was so he could make tons of money to buy himself a yacht on which he would party non-stop, get 1k likes on Facebook and bang supermodels.
I was pretty sure that he's said he is a Christian, some people question whether he truly is (as in, by their terms of what a Christian should be). Some of his debates are even deliberately from a Christian perspective vs an Atheist one. I know his concrete belief in God is a complex issue but I still think he identifies as a Christian, I'm not sure if he's a practicing one though.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

User avatar
blackg
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:18 am
Reputation: 687

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by blackg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 pm

He's a practicing messiah for lost men and it's all confectionery.

The Melbourne Cup is tomorrow, Fred. I'm drinking already.
I acknowledge the traditional owners of Australia and North America. Fred, go home!

User avatar
JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 am
Reputation: 419
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by JeanLucBB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:37 pm

blackg wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 pm
He's a practicing messiah for lost men and it's all confectionery.

The Melbourne Cup is tomorrow, Fred. I'm drinking already.
I'm moving to Melb next year.

User avatar
Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 862
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Reputation: 1965
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:03 pm

JeanLucBB wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:37 pm
I'm moving to Melb next year.
I might be moving there too. We could meet up for Italian food on Lygon street.

User avatar
JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 am
Reputation: 419
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by JeanLucBB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:03 pm
I might be moving there too. We could meet up for Italian food on Lygon street.
I'd be down for that. Probably going to rent a place with my best mate somewhere around Carlton North so will be sitting right on it.

Mr Big
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:03 pm
Reputation: 4
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: finasteride

Re: God's punishment for bald shamers in the Bible

Post by Mr Big » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:48 pm

Move to Fitzroy or Brunswick.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackg and 1 guest