Guy reveals to his date that he is wearing a hair system

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: Guy reveals to his date that he is wearing a hair system

Post by JLBB » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
1) I've thought about recording my dates in secret. I wouldn't share the recordings with anybody, but I'd go over them myself, to see if I'm making any errors without realizing it. However, this guy had his date in front of two cameras ... I can't imagine. Ouch. That could change the dynamics.

2) She's a very attractive woman. He, is a man who really benefits from hair. I think that he looks great with hair and awful bald. He's at the extreme end of the benefiting-from-hair distribution.
This is a great idea. I'm doing this next time I go on one.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » 1 year ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
This is a great idea. I'm doing this next time I go on one.
Serious?
PhD in Internalized Incelism.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
Serious?
I’ve thought of it before but never seriously considered it. Probably genuinely useful as a means of guaging errors and improving on them or just having a record of interesting dialogue. A tad creepy but oh well.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
I’ve thought of it before but never seriously considered it. Probably genuinely useful as a means of guaging errors and improving on them or just having a record of interesting dialogue. A tad creepy but oh well.
I think I would probably HATE listening/watching myself on a date. As someone with some moderate bdd issues I already sometimes go into a mini depression when I see pics of myself from certain angles. I also tend to overanalyze many non significant interactions I have with people and wondering if I came across like a complete fool.

I see it possibly doing more harm than good and keeping me from being relaxed on future dates....I don't know

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
Cool, let me know how it goes.

I've thought of doing it, but it also felt kind of creepy. There's also the risk that this creepy feeling would cause me to behave differently, thus negating the experiment.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Head & Shoulders caffeine shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling

Post by Admin » 1 year ago

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
1 year ago
I've thought of doing it, but it also felt kind of creepy. There's also the risk that this creepy feeling would cause me to behave differently, thus negating the experiment.
You'll most likely forget you have it on.

Each time I forgot, and had like 17 hours of recording :p.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

It's because you activated possessed animal mode during sex.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Admin wrote:
1 year ago

This is really bizarre. I can't believe you actually recorded your dates, along with the non-consensual sex afterwards.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
I think I would probably HATE listening/watching myself on a date. As someone with some moderate BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder) issues I already sometimes go into a mini depression when I see pics of myself from certain angles. I also tend to overanalyze many non significant interactions I have with people and wondering if I came across like a complete fool.

I see it possibly doing more harm than good and keeping me from being relaxed on future dates....I don't know
I thought we were actually talking about just an audio recording, hence my joke about actually filming it.

So basically wearing a wire and then evaluating moments afterwards, where you won in conversation, tapped in to her interests, used the opportune moments to make jokes, or made too many jokes that didn't land.

I definitely don't encourage this, I think it's unhealthy, but I am acknowledging the rationality behind it, and also I would love to have been a fly on the wall for some dates I've been on.

The reason it's so bad is because this is your potential partner, and I encourage open and honest relationships, how the fuck are you ever going to explain doing such a thing?

So the two options- never tell her, and start a relationship in the worst possible way, tell yourself "that was just one lie" and watch as your lies begin to spiral without you even realising. And the other option is to tell her, which 99% of women won't comprehend, which I understand, she could say anything during that date, she'll never truly trust you.

For anyone considering doing this, don't. The only reason I can think of is purely from a game pussyhunting standpoint, but I think most of us on here are a bit more mature than this and are actually looking for a partner.

And even if it is purely for "game" well, you may think you're just trying to get laid and seeking valuable research and self-reflective feedback on the best possible way of doing so, but what if you really like the girl? What if she's attractive, and you can imagine being with her and having a happy life, and you can imagine all of your friends and family liking her too?

So what then? Now you have the dilemma of telling her, or beginning the web of lies.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

I'm embarrassed to have not realized this on such elegantly succinct terms.

kj6723
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: Dutasteride .5mg daily, minoxidil 5% 1-2x daily, nizoral 1% whenever

Post by kj6723 » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I thought we were actually talking about just an audio recording, hence my joke about actually filming it.

So basically wearing a wire and then evaluating moments afterwards, where you won in conversation, tapped in to her interests, used the opportune moments to make jokes, or made too many jokes that didn't land.

I definitely don't encourage this, I think it's unhealthy, but I am acknowledging the rationality behind it, and also I would love to have been a fly on the wall for some dates I've been on.

The reason it's so bad is because this is your potential partner, and I encourage open and honest relationships, how the fuck are you ever going to explain doing such a thing?

So the two options- never tell her, and start a relationship in the worst possible way, tell yourself "that was just one lie" and watch as your lies begin to spiral without you even realising. And the other option is to tell her, which 99% of women won't comprehend, which I understand, she could say anything during that date, she'll never truly trust you.

For anyone considering doing this, don't. The only reason I can think of is purely from a game pussyhunting standpoint, but I think most of us on here are a bit more mature than this and are actually looking for a partner.

And even if it is purely for "game" well, you may think you're just trying to get laid and seeking valuable research and self-reflective feedback on the best possible way of doing so, but what if you really like the girl? What if she's attractive, and you can imagine being with her and having a happy life, and you can imagine all of your friends and family liking her too?

So what then? Now you have the dilemma of telling her, or beginning the web of lies.
For us baldites though we’re already lying to women when we pull the labels off our minoxidil and finasteride, and store them in an undetectable location ;)

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

kj6723 wrote:
1 year ago
For us baldites though we’re already lying to women when we pull the labels off our minoxidil and finasteride, and store them in an undetectable location ;)
Not a bad point haha.

That's a totally different lie by omission though, not the same kind of omission as "oh I didn't have to tell you I happened to be wearing a wire during our personal conversation".

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago

If it gets serious I think its explainable. If you're 6 months into a relationship and totally open with this person, I don't think it would be devastating by any means, unless it involved recording of sex too in which case its a fairly substantial crime in itself. Maybe in my case I'm openly a little weird so they'd be less shocked.

Is this really relationship ending? I would have the mindset that I would tell them at the point when they're too invested in the relationship for it to damage their outlook on it.

There is definitely a trophy aspect involved also, but is that in itself unhealthy? People collect all sorts of things and in which there is no discussion of mental health, only difference being this situation involves sex.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
Not a bad point haha.

That's a totally different lie by omission though, not the same kind of omission as "oh I didn't have to tell you I happened to be wearing a wire during our personal conversation".
Well said, Rudiger.
"Grandpa, fix my climate!"

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JeanLucBB wrote:
1 year ago
If it gets serious I think its explainable. If you're 6 months into a relationship and totally open with this person, I don't think it would be devastating by any means, unless it involved recording of sex too in which case its a fairly substantial crime in itself. Maybe in my case I'm openly a little weird so they'd be less shocked.

Is this really relationship ending? I would have the mindset that I would tell them at the point when they're too invested in the relationship for it to damage their outlook on it.

There is definitely a trophy aspect involved also, but is that in itself unhealthy? People collect all sorts of things and in which there is no discussion of mental health, only difference being this situation involves sex.
I don't think I said the lie in and of itself is necessarily relationship ending (although, potentially) but that's besides the point.

My point was specifically that honesty and truthfulness in any relationship is ideal (which is why so many relationships are fundamentally flawed), and when you start off on such a bad path of lies you are going to justify further lies to yourself without even realising it.

Your attitude is common to many, "but you'll get away with it, she won't leave you after 6 months" but not only is that 6 months time of being ethically untruthful to her- worse than that, people don't realise the damage it does to themselves. Why does it always come down to what you can get away with? What kind of person does that make you eventually if you're always playing the cutting corners to get results game?

I mean, fucking hell hahaha:

"I would have the mindset that I would tell them at the point when they're too invested in the relationship for it to damage their outlook on it."

That's frankly quite sick, and the fact you don't seem to remotely have a problem with it, bare faced and brazenly saying "now I've sucked her in to my web of lies and manipulation, then I can reveal how duped she was, because she'll be too invested and ashamed to walk away at that point".

It's very calculated how you wrote that, I find it fascinating. I honestly think it's a sign that you think all people behave in this naturally calculating way, plotting and sucking people in, and I don't mean necessarily with regards to this one specific topic, I mean generally.

I could be completely wrong of course. I'm not even faulting you for that attitude, as many people live and die by that sword, but it's indicative that your trust in certain pivotal people has been damaged at different points.

But back to this particular topic- if you really want to live with that sort of mentality "she's too far in to turn back now lol" then there's no point in even telling her anyway, you may as well live with the lie. You'll probably be living with many other lies by that point anyway, and all of them will grow and snowball your distrust and unhappiness.

JLBB
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Rudiger wrote:
1 year ago
I don't think I said the lie in and of itself is necessarily relationship ending (although, potentially) but that's besides the point.

My point was specifically that honesty and truthfulness in any relationship is ideal (which is why so many relationships are fundamentally flawed), and when you start off on such a bad path of lies you are going to justify further lies to yourself without even realising it.

Your attitude is common to many, "but you'll get away with it, she won't leave you after 6 months" but not only is that 6 months time of being ethically untruthful to her- worse than that, people don't realise the damage it does to themselves. Why does it always come down to what you can get away with? What kind of person does that make you eventually if you're always playing the cutting corners to get results game?

I mean, fucking hell hahaha:

"I would have the mindset that I would tell them at the point when they're too invested in the relationship for it to damage their outlook on it."

That's frankly quite sick, and the fact you don't seem to remotely have a problem with it, bare faced and brazenly saying "now I've sucked her in to my web of lies and manipulation, then I can reveal how duped she was, because she'll be too invested and ashamed to walk away at that point".

It's very calculated how you wrote that, I find it fascinating. I honestly think it's a sign that you think all people behave in this naturally calculating way, plotting and sucking people in, and I don't mean necessarily with regards to this one specific topic, I mean generally.

I could be completely wrong of course. I'm not even faulting you for that attitude, as many people live and die by that sword, but it's indicative that your trust in certain pivotal people has been damaged at different points.

But back to this particular topic- if you really want to live with that sort of mentality "she's too far in to turn back now lol" then there's no point in even telling her anyway, you may as well live with the lie. You'll probably be living with many other lies by that point anyway, and all of them will grow and snowball your distrust and unhappiness.
I understand what you're saying, but at the same time I'm not so sure if the actual action itself is particularly bad or encompasses anything that breaks into the realm of a vindictive or hurtful manipulation in the sense of living a lie. I think the 6 months point I made mainly was in thinking that beyond this point you're past the "could this guy be a secret murdererer/creep of some sort?" stage which something like this might point towards. But upon earning trust this particular action may not necessarily be viewed with any seriousness beyond mild amusement.

Obviously something like cheating on them is directly hurtful and has an impact on them, the difference here is the lack of malice or direct harm. I've had experiences where often a girl I was vaguely seeing would ask if I wanted to hang out for example and I might say I had something on when really I just wanted chill time for myself. Obviously this is a lie, but can this be lumped into that idea of the web of lies or contributing to a snowball effect? I think the lack of malice or direct hurt is relevant personally, in those situations there would almost certainly be more harm in openly saying I didn't feel like seeing them at the time.

Totally get why that mentality might be deemed sick, but again I feel like the actual gravity of the lie and whether there is malice or direct impact to their person is relevant to some degree. It's something that initially would be taken seriously for reasons of personal security and trust, but upon trust being earned it could be looked upon very differently.

I mean overall I just see this as applying very broad principles to a situation that might tend to be more visible in shades of grey. I definitely don't see it in terms of a snowball effect, I can easily see many other situations in which mild lies at the beginning of relationships may have allowed the ball to get rolling enough for them to be quashed as minor issues down the track.

"but it's indicative that your trust in certain pivotal people has been damaged at different points"

This is certainly true however.