Ashton Kutcher discussing his hair loss on recent Conan interview

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
kj6723
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW1.5
Regimen: dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral

Ashton Kutcher discussing his hair loss on recent Conan interview

Post by kj6723 » 2 years ago

So Kutcher came out as a long time dutasteride user on the Dax Shepard interview fairly recently, also saying he had come off of it. Since then many have noted that he appears to have become a hat prisoner, which made a lot of sense given his decision to no longer treat male pattern baldness.

Anyway, he was just on Conan and again brought up his dutasteride use, saying he's been off it for 3 years now. He says that now he's "experiencing the hairloss" and pulls up his bangs to reveal a ..........NW1-1.5, wtf?

I mean the dude is 40, was on dutasteride for a long ass time, and then 3 years off it he's barely moved beyond NW1? This whole situation is confusing. The way he was talking about it on Dax I thought he must be experiencing some pretty visible loss by now

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Kutcher on recent Conan interview

Post by blackg » 2 years ago

I was confused as fuck too! I mean, when he pulled his hair line back I was expecting a higher hair line to begin with, along with deeper recession.

But what the fuck!

I have googled photos of Kutcher in the past and his hair, when temporarily blown back looked way worse than it appears on Conan.
Plus the dude is 40 years of age now!!

Doesn't add up.
every day is Father's Day

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 years ago

That's because Kutcher took Androvart for hairloss. He completely reversed it when he
was 25 years old.

It says it on the video, if you click on the link.

He stopped it three years ago, and now he's going bald again (after taking it for 12 years).

His baldness is probably going to become agressive, and he probably will reach the point where
he would be if he never used anything at all.

DaveSmith420
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Post by DaveSmith420 » 2 years ago

This kind of makes me want to switch to dutasteride T B H

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

DaveSmith420 wrote:
2 years ago
This kind of makes me want to switch to dutasteride T B H
Good to see you here, Davesmith.

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

I can't watch it because Canada and Conan is an asshole to us

That being said, good that he has the balls to admit he has it and bothered to treat the hairloss.

EDIT: Read an article transcript

Less good that he's basically like "Well, I have kids and am married now so fuck it, I'll be a hat slave."

White Ferrari
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW3.5

Aston Kutcher discussing his hair loss on recent Conan interview

Post by White Ferrari » 2 years ago

Yes so confusing. He had worse hair in his 20's and dutasteride apparently completely reversed his loss. Now after being off for three years he somehow hasn't even reached the level of loss he got to in his 20's? Crazy.

Admin
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Regimen: 3 FUE hair transplants (5124 grafts), 5% minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo, hope.

Post by Admin » 2 years ago

That Guy wrote:
2 years ago
Less good that he's basically like "Well, I have kids and am married now so fuck it, I'll be a hat slave."
Lol how is it possible to be that deluded? To believe that there is a point in life where your looks won't matter anymore because you're married and you have kids. Yep, it won't change your wife's willingness to sleep with you at all, and the fact that barely any other woman out there is attracted to you isn't going to make her wonder why she's even with you, she won't get bitter and resentful either.

And the worst here is saying that as a famous actor, a profession in which losing your looks often means the end of your career. Especially when you sport that pretty boy look similar to Josh Hartnett. Heavy balding would be the end of his career, he knows this, he's known it since he jumped on dutasteride to save his hair when he was 25.

This is such a politically correct thing to say: "When you get married, your appearance won't matter anymore!" Horseshit! It never stops mattering, whether it's to get ahead in your career, to be respected by your friends or simply make a good first impression.

As a guy who has been bald, I know what I'm talking about. I can compare before and after my hair transplants. People react differently, they're now quicker to trust me or to assume good things about me thanks to the halo effect. It's especially obvious in the way women treat me. Big smiles where there was mostly indifference before.

When I was sporting a shaved head, people would tell me that if they saw me in a Polish neighborhood, they'd assume that I was one of those Polish thugs. Nice right? Because that's the image you want to convey to the rest of society. And let's not mention the "skinhead", "do you have cancer?" and "you look like you have Down Syndrome" comments. If you're bald, those connotations will be inevitable.

And wearing a hat only makes the problem worse in my opinion, not only you're bald(ing) but you're basically saying to the world that you're a coward who doesn't even dare to go out there with his head exposed. It screams insecurity and it won't fool anybody.
:christian-cross:

That Guy
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by That Guy » 2 years ago

Admin wrote:
2 years ago
Lol how is it possible to be that deluded? To believe that there is a point in life where your looks won't matter anymore because you're married and you have kids. Yep, it won't change your wife's willingness to sleep with you at all, and the fact that barely any other woman out there is attracted to you isn't going to make her wonder why she's even with you, she won't get bitter and resentful either.

And the worst here is saying that as a famous actor, a profession in which losing your looks often means the end of your career. Especially when you sport that pretty boy look similar to Josh Hartnett. Heavy balding would be the end of his career, he knows this, he's known it since he jumped on dutasteride to save his hair when he was 25.

This is such a politically correct thing to say: "When you get married, your appearance won't matter anymore!" Horseshit! It never stops mattering, whether it's to get ahead in your career, to be respected by your friends or simply make a good first impression.

As a guy who has been bald, I know what I'm talking about. I can compare before and after my hair transplants. People react differently, they're now quicker to trust me or to assume good things about me thanks to the halo effect. It's especially obvious in the way women treat me. Big smiles where there was mostly indifference before.

When I was sporting a shaved head, people would tell me that if they saw me in a Polish neighborhood, they'd assume that I was one of those Polish thugs. Nice right? Because that's the image you want to convey to the rest of society. And let's not mention the "skinhead", "do you have cancer?" and "you look like you have Down Syndrome" comments. If you're bald, those connotations will be inevitable.

And wearing a hat only makes the problem worse in my opinion, not only you're bald(ing) but you're basically saying to the world that you're a coward who doesn't even dare to go out there with his head exposed. It screams insecurity and it won't fool anybody.
The worst part of it is that he stopped taking dutasteride out of sheer ignorance and not bothering to ask the "hair-guy doctor" about any potential effect on his children.

His wife has long since had their healthy children and he decides "fuck it, I'll be bald now" instead of doing what most sane individuals would do here and just...ya know...get back on avodart.

Guest-3
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by Guest-3 » 2 years ago

Admin wrote:
2 years ago

I will never understand the logic behind claims such as "I am married now so I don't care about my looks". When I was married, I still cared about my hair and looks just as much as I was single. Looks are a big part of who I am and are a big source of my self esteem. I don't think I can live a happy or satisfied life without my looks. May be I place so much importance on looks because growing up, I was known for my looks and got all sorts of compliments and admiration from people around me. So looks because a big and inseparable part of my identity.
Trump 2020

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by JasonStatham » 2 years ago

Admin wrote:
2 years ago

I said the exact same thing to some married blue pill guy on HairLossTalk. He replied to me: "Bruh....in marriage looks do not matter bruh....hair is not so important". But the guy is spending his time on hairlosstalk. Coping is real. People are worried about a 2 percent chance to get a limb dick from Finasteride, but happily with a big smile go marry a woman with a balding head when hypergamy and 50-60 percent divorce rate is a real thing.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

JasonStatham wrote:
2 years ago
I said the exact same thing to some married blue pill guy on hairlosstalk. He replied to me: "Bruh....in marriage looks do not matter bruh....hair is not so important". But the guy is spending his time on hairlosstalk. Coping is real. People are worried about a 2 percent chance to get a limb dick from Finasterid, but happily with a big smile go marry a woman with a balding head when hypergamy and 50-60 percent divorce rate is a real thing.
Statham!! Good to see you here!
How did you find out about this new site?

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert

Post by JasonStatham » 2 years ago

blackg wrote:
2 years ago
Statham!! Good to see you here!
How did you find out about this new site?
Got a PM message while ago. Actually, I don't want to be on 2 different hair loss sites cause....its creepy but I love you guys xD

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 2 years ago

Aston Kutcher is still trying to keep himself in the spotlight.

Just recently he went on an interview and said he would leave all
his money to charity, and not his kids. He's going to "build their
character" by taking them camping.

Maybe he will shave his head for a charity event? :lol: (politically
correct thing to do for actors getting a hair transplant.)

Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Post by Rudiger » 2 years ago

It's so bizarre any time this comes up in such a mainstream way, I remember McConaughey doing a shameless plug for some snake oil treatment years ago, clearly after he had a transplant, that really was fucking annoying to see. He got a big briefcase of money that day.

It's possible Kutcher had the friendly folk at Avodart contact him as well, if so then this was a much more elaborate, subtle ad and quite cleverly done. If I was the average young potential baldite who is clueless- on no treatments at all or just minoxidil, and I was watching a shitty late night talk show all alone (because either can't get a girlfriend due to baldness aesthetic, or can't get one due to depression due to baldness) and top tier Hollywood Chad shows his 40 year old NW1.5 which is still maintaining after being off drugs for 3 whole years, AND he's saying he should have been bald a decade ago, then that would really fucking catch my attention.

It's also interesting because Kutcher didn't know it's actually dutasteride he's talking about instead of finasteride, I mean I wouldn't find this so crazy for the average balding pill popper but he's got an IQ of 160 and studied Biochemical Engineering. He jokes in the interview that he's not a scientist, well technically true, but if he stuck at college he most definitely would have been. And he hasn't noticed the chemical name on his pills he took daily for over a decade? Hmmm. I have no conclusion whatsoever with that, it's just very interesting. I would feel suspicious but I just can't think of any reason why he'd pretend to think Avodart was finasteride, if anything if he is actually promoting Avodart, surely he would be getting the chemical right.

But if this was a shameless plug then I don't mind as much as McConaughey's, it's plausible the people at Avodart heard his podcast interview and spotted an opportunity to plug it on a bigger stage. From Kutcher's perspective he could cash in, and why not spread some hair loss advice? I think I'd feel less embarrassed and open about hair loss treatments if I got to 40 and was a super successful Hollywood Chad, it's like "I can't really be embarrassed about anything actually, so why not give back to the baldites who are going through what I went through?". I think overall it's a fairly positive push for treatments, and I encourage that, don't care if he got paid or not. It's only fairly positive because well, it still ain't perfect.

"Now I'm thinking, maybe I'll just let it all go" oh fuck off. Who in their right mind thinks that? He's still probably got at least a decade left of being a heart throb, and getting those movie roles, it's career suicide, and as he goes over the hill he can still be the charismatic dad type - which still requires hair, otherwise you're the creepy pedo dad type.

And Conan pushing the same idea "I think that's the way to go" as someone woke in the comment section points out, Conan's clearly been on med's and possibly transplanted for years, and now he's telling people to just own it.

God damn.
Look, fat...