Should I get a hair transplant? - slybald all the way

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Should I get a hair transplant? - slybald all the way

Post by JasonStatham » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

He got some points.

supremegentleman
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 2ml daily
1.5mm dermarolling daily
Nizoral 2% shampoo x3 a week

Re: Should I get a hair transplant? - slybald all the way

Post by supremegentleman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:27 pm

These guys are just sly bald cucks.

JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW3.5

Post by JasonStatham » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:37 am

supremegentleman wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:27 pm
These guys are just sly bald cucks.
He looks like shit. Overweight and bald. Not giving a fuck lol.

Hanginginthewire
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Propecia

Post by Hanginginthewire » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 pm

What were his points? He didn’t say much of anything. Most people know that transplants aren’t one and done. He didn’t even differentiate between FUE scars and FUT. I don’t begrudge the shaved head guys, but they shouldn’t trash transplants in such a blanket condemnation. They are probably just too scared to go that route and cling to “all transplants look bad/are expensive/are painful as a cope.

Afro_Vacancy
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Afro_Vacancy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 am

Hanginginthewire wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:27 pm
What were his points? He didn’t say much of anything. Most people know that transplants aren’t one and done. He didn’t even differentiate between FUE scars and FUT. I don’t begrudge the shaved head guys, but they shouldn’t trash transplants in such a blanket condemnation. They are probably just too scared to go that route and cling to “all transplants look bad/are expensive/are painful as a cope.
I wonder if this cope is common for other kinds of plastic surgeries.

"All nose jobs look bad"
"All breast implants look bad"
"All jaw implants look fine",

And if so, which ones? When is it valid? lol.

I'm tempted to guess that the situation for baldness is unique, in that people say that it's bad when it isn't, but I don't feel like checking if this is true.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil, Stemoxydine and Adenosin shampoo
- 1.5mm dermarolling 1x a week

Post by Admin » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 am

"All nose jobs look bad"

I'm tempted to guess that the situation for baldness is unique, in that people say that it's bad when it isn't, but I don't feel like checking if this is true.
It's a faulty and maladaptive defense mechanism which pushes some people to see predators everywhere so to speak.

Here's the reality though: https://www.realself.com/fue-hair-transplant

The overwhelming majority of people are happy with their FUE hair transplants.

You can apply the above reasoning to anything: Any area of human activities produces a hierarchy of competences and standards, so you'll find everything from people being exceptionally good in that area to the ones who are absolutely terrible.

It's focusing on the error to justify a general rule. It can be applied to professions, humanity as a whole (some people are terrible therefore mankind is terrible) or to a person (you hurt me once, therefore you are terrible, always were and always will be!).

I can only imagine what that coper above would say to someone like me. He'd probably go after the price of the procedures (10000€ in total) and say that it was just not necessary and say that it will probably fall out again. Or focus on the fact that now I'll be the pussy who got hair transplants instead of behaving like a real man (like him) and choosing to shave it all off.

Imagine Joe Rogan meeting Elon Musk... oh wait! The subject never comes on the table though. Even Jordan Peterson who's supposed to be this paragon of wisdom who could look at the deepest tragedies of life, but don't expect him for one second to mention his hair loss and hair transplant.

It's something I've often said on HairlossTalk, that hair loss is just something else, there isn't much that could be comparable to losing your hair at a young age as a man. It's a silent disease that people won't hesitate to shame you for (if you offend them in the slightest) while telling you that you're vain if you try to fix it.

And it doesn't help to have those mercenaries who are supposed to be on our side who buy that narrative and do everything they can to drag us down with them.
Hair transplants: 2000 graft (May 2014) and 2024 graft (January 2018) FUE's with Dr. De Reys for front and mid-scalp.

rclark
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Finasteride 1 mg daily, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil (15% AM/30%PM/ faster hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas every day.
This is the hairline and entire vertex area.

Post by rclark » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 am

It's funny, when you're not bald (and when I was not an advanced Norwood), people said bad things
about their exes being bald.

People say bad things about other people if they hate them, or if they think you are not in the ugly
zone. Or if they are so ugly, they have to do it for attention.

I co worker said some smart remark about my feet (oh, those are size thirteen, my son wears those),
because I have "clown size" big feet. And in the United States, they don't make very wide shoes,
especially for people who are flat footed, like myself.

Of course, my toes are about to break out, and she has to say this in a meeting. So, I just hid my feet
from sight right then and there (what the fuck?).

On the ugly scale (physically), she was there. She looks like she has a mild case of downs syndrome. I
can't that in a meeting, obviously, or anywhere without fear of some back lash.

JeanLucBB
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JeanLucBB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Afro_Vacancy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:38 am

"All nose jobs look bad"

To be fair, I'd estimate that 75-80% of hair transplants today are objectively bad due to technical mistakes, destroying donor, lack of understanding of how hair naturally exists in the scalp and the inability to provide good density. Also people base this assumption of hair transplants being bad off a long history horrific plugs that were rampant even up to the early 2000s.

Pat
Hair Loss Novice
Hair Loss Novice
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:10 pm

rclark wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:37 am
It's funny, when you're not bald (and when I was not an advanced Norwood), people said bad things
about their exes being bald.

People say bad things about other people if they hate them, or if they think you are not in the ugly
zone. Or if they are so ugly, they have to do it for attention.

I co worker said some smart remark about my feet (oh, those are size thirteen, my son wears those),
because I have "clown size" big feet. And in the United States, they don't make very wide shoes,
especially for people who are flat footed, like myself.

Of course, my toes are about to break out, and she has to say this in a meeting. So, I just hid my feet
from sight right then and there (what the fuck?).

On the ugly scale (physically), she was there. She looks like she has a mild case of downs syndrome. I
can't that in a meeting, obviously, or anywhere without fear of some back lash.
mild case of down syndrome