The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

nameless wrote:
2 months ago
Bald = major stress. I can feel my mind splitting and the pieces of my mind going off in different directions as if my mind is being drawn and quartered. One of the reasons I stay away from people who have their hair is because their nonchalance about baldness gets under my skin and annoys me a lot. I get it that they can't totally relate to how bad bald is because they aren't experiencing it, but it still seems like they should be able to perceive that bald is a disfigurement and be polite about it. But I swear to you some people who have hair are actually rubbing bald guys' noses in it that they're disfigured and that women don't like them anymore. It's like they're singing, "Nah, nah, nah, nah, you are disfigured. You can't get women anymore nah, nah, nah, nah".
I have a friend with cerebral palsy which effects his legs and makes it look like he's walking with a permanent awkward limp. Prior to my hair transplants he mentioned my hair line to another friend during a lunch and laughed at it, joking I wouldn't get chicks anymore and that I looked like my dad. You know balding is bad when a guy with a serious physical disorder that walks like he's retarded thinks they're better than you because of your shitty hair line. Haven't talked to him since he said it either.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2007
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

Arjen wrote:
2 months ago
What happened to your body after you stopped going? ;)
I stopped after my Ex Girlfriend left me and went chubby. Not obese but I like food and was involved with a lot of Weekend drinking and tada, welcome beer belly.

I restarted GYM when I was Dating on Tinder and went back to shape. After I met my current girlfriend I lost track again and was as I wrote somewhere, too depressed to go to the Gym. I felt like there is no point to have a nice body with a balding head. Huge misstake.

I bought a GYM membership from an ebay like site very cheap and I'm now since 2 months back on track. I can now look at mirrors in the GYM and going without a hat and stuff. I really like working out since I'm a lone wolf I don't need people to do sports with me. Headphones in and some nice Podcast and here you go.

User avatar
Rudiger
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 873
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2323
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, Dutasteride, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by Rudiger » 2 months ago

nameless wrote:
2 months ago
This is how That_Guy tricks some people into thinking that he's enlightened and wise - by saying stuff everyone knows but making it seem like something nobody else realizes. LOL!
This is in a thread you created where you said something that everyone realises but somehow managed to say it in a way that made us all half-question it.
~get 1k likes and party~ 8-)

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by nameless » 2 months ago

Rudiger wrote:
2 months ago
This is in a thread you created where you said something that everyone realises but somehow managed to say it in a way that made us all half-question it.
The difference is that I wasn't trying to sound like I know something nobody else knows when I typed this thread title. I was just trying to start a discussion about women's looks. I make no false insinuations that I'm raising an issue that hasn't been thought of before. All throughout this thread, as some posters have said the thread title is cringy, I have repeatedly stated that this thread idea is not cringy because its a common issue that comes up among men. We do it all the time. Woe to the foolish man who isn't aware enough to know the stuff that comes out of his own mouth. He must be an imbecile. And I'm not insulting you. I have no idea whether or not you're aware that you talk about women. I hope you know. I know whether or not I talk about women. I definitely talk about women. And when I get my hair back I'll probably talk about women even more. I don't say many bad things about women though. The only thing about them that annoys me these days is when they lie about favoring guys with hair at the expense of bald men. I don't even get mad at them for not liking bald men. I understand them feeling that way.
Last edited by nameless 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by nameless » 2 months ago

Baldingat20 wrote:
6 months ago
The only way you can truly free yourself from the anxiety of hair loss is to give in and go bald. I don’t think this is a good option, but at least you could trade the anxiety in place for depression.
It doesn't really work this way. You don't get to do the trading-in. It just happens. You go from anxiety to depression and you have no say in the matter.
And some people keep the anxiety and still get depressed.

Added in 48 minutes 52 seconds:
scorpiolove wrote:
2 months ago
Nameless, I don't support tyranny, the systems been screwing people since it was made, you can read in the other forum in where I say taxation is a bitch and for That Guy to get some black money. I will name some names politically and the current events that are going on like dump calling africa a shithole and then the first syrian female politician in america calling him a motherfucker, let's face it,dump had it coming to him.
Nameless, I was just stating the obvious with that guys post, no one answered the question before me, so I put my hat in the ring lol.
Of course there's corruption in politics. As far as taxes go we all pay them, or at least most of us. We get things for those taxes. Things that people don't always stop to think about. Our taxes pay for police and if we did not have police our streets would be a lot less safe. Our taxes pay for our military and without our military we would fall prey to some murderous tyrant, like the creeps that That-guy's fond of.

Yea, you were stating the obvious but I only said something about it because That_guy cums when someone falls for his bullshit. I didn't mean anything negative towards you and I'm sorry if you thought I was ragging on you. I just wanted you to know about some of the crap that spews from That_Guy's mouth. The worse stuff from him is his stated fondness for tyranny. I'm an American and I grew up loving democracy so of course I hate him.

Added in 9 minutes 20 seconds:
JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
I have a friend with cerebral palsy which effects his legs and makes it look like he's walking with a permanent awkward limp. Prior to my hair transplants he mentioned my hair line to another friend during a lunch and laughed at it, joking I wouldn't get chicks anymore and that I looked like my dad. You know balding is bad when a guy with a serious physical disorder that walks like he's retarded thinks they're better than you because of your shitty hair line. Haven't talked to him since he said it either.
Why are you even here? I saw your pics and your hair looks good. You belong in the world of happy people without disfigurements. My advice is that you should not hang out here among depressed and troubled people anymore. Of course you can stay as long as you want, but I'm telling you that this is not a healthy place and if tomorrow I got back as much has as you have I would leave and never come back.
Last edited by nameless 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

nameless wrote:
2 months ago
The difference is that I wasn't trying to sound like I know something nobody else knows when I typed this thread title. I was just trying to start a discussion about women's looks. I make no false insinuations that I'm raising an issue that hasn't been thought of before. All throughout this thread, as some posters have said the thread title is cringy, I have repeatedly stated that this thread idea is not cringy because its a common issue that comes up among men. We do it all the time. Woe to the foolish man who isn't aware enough to know the stuff that comes out of his own mouth. He must be an imbecile. And I'm not insulting you. I have no idea whether or not you're aware that you talk about women. I hope you know. I know whether or not I talk about women. I definitely talk about women. And when I get my hair back I'll probably talk about women even more. I don't say many bad things about women though. The only thing about them that annoys me these days is when they lie about favoring guys with hair at the expense of bald men. I don't even get mad at them for not liking bald men. I understand them feeling that way.
"And when I get my hair back I'll probably talk about women even more."

This constant "and when I get my hair back" thing you say is cringey af too. Truth be told it'll never happen.

nameless
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 116
Joined: 4 months ago
Reputation: 81
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: None at this time.

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by nameless » 2 months ago

Exodus wrote:
2 months ago
The worst things in life people flat-out deny. A good example is death and the afterlife

And honestly aren't those bullies at least being honest

They're just telling us the truth about where we stand in the hierarchy of attractiveness.

Sad but true.

Added in 16 minutes 26 seconds:
JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
"And when I get my hair back I'll probably talk about women even more."

This constant "and when I get my hair back" thing you say is cringey af too. Truth be told it'll never happen.

I've finally figured out why you keep hanging out here even though you've gotten your hair back. It's because you're stupid. There are breakthrough treatments in development, most notably Tsuji's treatment. I will be getting my hair back. You must be very stupid to think otherwise when you yourself just got your own hair back, you moron. You are Obviously no artist. It takes at least a modicum of intelligence to be a relevant artist and you don't even have a modicum of intelligence.

Just because you paint does not make you an artist. Hitler painted but his paintings were rejected and he was kicked out of art school. His paintings lacked humanity because of his grotesque ugliness inside. And some guy like you who comes to a website where people have a disfigurement so you can tell them they will have their disfigurement for the rest of their lives has that same kind of ugliness inside. You may paint but your painting is shit and I know this because you're ugly inside and you're stupid.

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

nameless wrote:
2 months ago
They're just telling us the truth about where we stand in the hierarchy of attractiveness.

Sad but true.

Added in 16 minutes 26 seconds:



I've finally figured out why you keep hanging out here even though you've gotten your hair back. It's because you're stupid. There are breakthrough treatments in development, most notably Tsuji's treatment. I will be getting my hair back. You must be very stupid to think otherwise when you yourself just got your own hair back, you moron. You are Obviously no artist. It takes at least a modicum of intelligence to be a relevant artist and you don't even have a modicum of intelligence.

Just because you paint does not make you an artist. Hitler painted but his paintings were rejected and he was kicked out of art school. His paintings lacked humanity because of his grotesque ugliness inside. And some guy like you who comes to a website where people have a disfigurement so you can tell them they will have their disfigurement for the rest of their lives has that same kind of ugliness inside. You may paint but your painting is shit and I know this because you're ugly inside and you're stupid.
Lmfao, thanks for always the downvotes on all my posts too.

Added in 10 minutes 14 seconds:
nameless wrote:
2 months ago
They're just telling us the truth about where we stand in the hierarchy of attractiveness.

Sad but true.

Added in 16 minutes 26 seconds:



I've finally figured out why you keep hanging out here even though you've gotten your hair back. It's because you're stupid. There are breakthrough treatments in development, most notably Tsuji's treatment. I will be getting my hair back. You must be very stupid to think otherwise when you yourself just got your own hair back, you moron. You are Obviously no artist. It takes at least a modicum of intelligence to be a relevant artist and you don't even have a modicum of intelligence.

Just because you paint does not make you an artist. Hitler painted but his paintings were rejected and he was kicked out of art school. His paintings lacked humanity because of his grotesque ugliness inside. And some guy like you who comes to a website where people have a disfigurement so you can tell them they will have their disfigurement for the rest of their lives has that same kind of ugliness inside. You may paint but your painting is shit and I know this because you're ugly inside and you're stupid.
I get your point about it being in bad taste to say that someone who is bald in the current era of treatments is likely to stay that way, but for most people that is realistic.

I don’t know your hair loss situation but for 90% of people transplants are absolutely an option, even someone like Admin with a below average donor got good results and in my opinion if he’d gone the FUT+ SMP route to max things out he could have virtually got full coverage including temple point work. There are very few people who don’t have a means of fixing the issue in this current era if they have the time, money and the will so why haven’t you fixed your situation now? Why is it reasonable to expect any different down the track when to this point there’s been absolutely zero progress on treatments made available to the public in decades, aside from improvements in transplants.

Up to this point you can go back and read hair transplants going back fifteen years and people are saying the cringey “when I have hair again” but still ignoring transplants meds etc. Looking back it’s nothing but sad and delusional and I think that’s what your comment is. I’d rather it not be and you get back all your hair tomorrow, but I think that’s not happening tomorrow nor ever if you haven’t already gone the transplant route.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2007
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
Lmfao, thanks for always the downvotes on all my posts too.

Added in 10 minutes 14 seconds:


I get your point about it being in bad taste to say that someone who is bald in the current era of treatments is likely to stay that way, but for most people that is realistic.

I don’t know your hair loss situation but for 90% of people transplants are absolutely an option, even someone like Admin with a below average donor got good results and in my opinion if he’d gone the FUT+ SMP route to max things out he could have virtually got full coverage including temple point work. There are very few people who don’t have a means of fixing the issue in this current era if they have the time, money and the will so why haven’t you fixed your situation now? Why is it reasonable to expect any different down the track when to this point there’s been absolutely zero progress on treatments made available to the public in decades, aside from improvements in transplants.

Up to this point you can go back and read hair transplants going back fifteen years and people are saying the cringey “when I have hair again” but still ignoring transplants meds etc. Looking back it’s nothing but sad and delusional and I think that’s what your comment is. I’d rather it not be and you get back all your hair tomorrow, but I think that’s not happening tomorrow nor ever if you haven’t already gone the transplant route.
I like your straight forward postings. Harsh but to honest answers. For me it's always cringe worthy when people "wait" for a new technology to arrive.
Im a bit of a hardware freak and was in IT and people always asked: "But I heard in XY years a new technology comes out so maybe better wait and I buy a new CPU/GPU etc in XY years and not now".
It was always best to buy now because it would be a neverending story of "waiting".

And unlike the Hardware industry, new hair technology is waaaay slower and to wait for something that might come in years, is beyond me. Especially when you are in your prime years as a man from 20 to 35. What's the point to waste this good years?

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 820
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1323
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by Arjen » 2 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
I have a friend with cerebral palsy which effects his legs and makes it look like he's walking with a permanent awkward limp. Prior to my hair transplants he mentioned my hair line to another friend during a lunch and laughed at it, joking I wouldn't get chicks anymore and that I looked like my dad. You know balding is bad when a guy with a serious physical disorder that walks like he's retarded thinks they're better than you because of your shitty hair line. Haven't talked to him since he said it either.
I disagree. As long as something is made fun of, particularly by grown-ups, even openly and directly, it‘s not regarded as that bad (independently of whether that view is justified or not).

User avatar
Exodus
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Posts: 148
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 293
Norwood: NW6
Regimen: nothing

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by Exodus » 2 months ago

JasonStatham wrote:
2 months ago
I like your straight forward postings. Harsh but to honest answers. For me it's always cringe worthy when people "wait" for a new technology to arrive.
Im a bit of a hardware freak and was in IT and people always asked: "But I heard in XY years a new technology comes out so maybe better wait and I buy a new CPU/GPU etc in XY years and not now".
It was always best to buy now because it would be a neverending story of "waiting".

And unlike the Hardware industry, new hair technology is waaaay slower and to wait for something that might come in years, is beyond me. Especially when you are in your prime years as a man from 20 to 35. What's the point to waste this good years?
hardware freak? what kind of pc you rockin bru?

and re:JeanLucc, my dads bald inceldom made him have to settle with a mentally ill dumbass genetic garbage woman who raised me terribly. this ended up with me growing up to be mentally weak. so it still traces back to hair loss haha

admin is tall and because his dad cheated the system he ended up with much better mental health genes than me. he also had a lot more money. hes so lucky to have the height alone. being short AND bald is extremely depressing and hopeless

User avatar
JLBB
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Hair Loss Enthusiast
Posts: 393
Joined: 8 months ago
Reputation: 795
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JLBB » 2 months ago

Arjen wrote:
2 months ago
I disagree. As long as something is made fun of, particularly by grown-ups, even openly and directly, it‘s not regarded as that bad (independently of whether that view is justified or not).
But it wasn't just that they were laughing at being bald, losing your hair or having a shit hair line etc, they were specifically laughing and mentioning the idea that I wouldn't be able to get girls anymore (implying no loving relationship with an attractive woman for example), that I looked like an old man or my dad and that my best years were behind me. It might be socially acceptable to laugh at balding, but the symptoms they laughed at were horrific and they know it. They were laughing at the fact that I was no longer competition to them, and that they had won in a way I couldn't come back from on top of the effect it could have on me rather than just the balding itself.

User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1507
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 3265
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: - 5% Minoxidil once a day and Adenosin shampoo
- Discontinued due to lack of results: Stemoxydine and dermarolling
Location: Belgium
Age: 29
Contact:

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by Admin » 2 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
But it wasn't just that they were laughing at being bald, losing your hair or having a shit hair line etc, they were specifically laughing and mentioning the idea that I wouldn't be able to get girls anymore (implying no loving relationship with an attractive woman for example), that I looked like an old man or my dad and that my best years were behind me. It might be socially acceptable to laugh at balding, but the symptoms they laughed at were horrific and they know it. They were laughing at the fact that I was no longer competition to them, and that they had won in a way I couldn't come back from on top of the effect it could have on me rather than just the balding itself.
The worst similar situation I've had to deal with was when I was a the dentist with my dad back in 2010. That asshole told me that there was something wrong with my teeth and I would need braces otherwise I'd be toothless by the age of 25.

I was like "braces? Again?! I'm already balding!", then my dad said "Well, if he says it's necessary..." and then the dentist added: "It's OK, you'll just have to find a girl who's losing her hair and who has braces too! There are plenty of them out there :lol: "

And him and my dad both started laughing while I sitting there, speechless.

After that appointment, I found another dentist who immediately told me that there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I'm now 29 and no, I'm not toothless like that hack predicted. My parents still go to that guy because "he's the cheapest!". Well, you get what you pay for I guess.

Most people know what losing hair means: looking less trustworthy, less attractive, meaning you'll get treated worse overall and that your dating pool will shrink considerably, possibly barring you from ever finding love, having to live your life either alone or to settle for a woman you're not in love with.

And that makes weak, resentful and evil people laugh. Your deep current and future suffering is a joke to them. Hair loss is dead serious and they know it, and if you remain bald, you'll constantly be walking with a target on (well, above) your forehead.

Seeing that as "not that bad" will depend on the individual, but make no mistake, if someone wants to hurt you for any reason, justified or not, you know what they're going to aim at, without fail.

User avatar
Arjen
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 820
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 1323
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Shaving

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by Arjen » 2 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
But it wasn't just that they were laughing at being bald, losing your hair or having a shit hair line etc, they were specifically laughing and mentioning the idea that I wouldn't be able to get girls anymore (implying no loving relationship with an attractive woman for example), that I looked like an old man or my dad and that my best years were behind me. It might be socially acceptable to laugh at balding, but the symptoms they laughed at were horrific and they know it. They were laughing at the fact that I was no longer competition to them, and that they had won in a way I couldn't come back from on top of the effect it could have on me rather than just the balding itself.
Did them/him saying that really make you feel bad, hurt, believe that? I doubt it. Because it's not true.
Did it make the guy feel better pointing out a flaw of yours? I'm pretty sure it did, but that speaks volumes about the impairment he has and how he deals with it. His "flaw" is of a quality that would prevent people from making fun of him and suggesting his dating life is basically over.
It doesn't justify that so many seem to assume balding is just balding and therefore ok to make jokes about, but honestly, it's not as serious as that guy's fate, a deformed face, being 165 as a guy - having mentioned height, it's interesting how shortish guys are occasionally made fun of in my experience, but hardly ever the REALLY short ones - because everybody knows they are truly fucked and it's below most people to mention it.

You come across as self-assured, are otherwise decent looking apparently, so it seems normal the occasional frustrated guy took this opportunity. And yes, its certainly is/was an opportunity, as I'm well aware, balding (especially in your 20s) is no sweet thing, but I keep looking at it from this point of view: I'd still be struggling to do well with women above a 6 even if I had a nice, full head of hair, I can witness this first hand with guys that are smiliar to me plus hair, so balding can't have had such a big effect (less than I'd actually wish - I'd love to have just that one truly relevant deficiency!), and even during my 20s I was able to date and it was always, every single time me who ended things - mainly because I had to date down, just slightly mostly, but down. Seeing how that's not different for 90% of the guys (with or without hair) and given that hair may bump me up half a point (or even one), I conclude that what you were made of fun was something that is for that reason (wrongfully) "allowed" to make fun of.
I know you have a more radical view on balding (and so do admin or others), so my stance on this is going to be pretty exclusive, but I've just seen too many otherwise good looking guys do well and in fact better with attractive women than the average looking full head for me to agree in this regard.
Last edited by Arjen 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JasonStatham
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Posts: 915
Joined: 9 months ago
Reputation: 2007
Norwood: NW3.5

Re: The only peace of mind in hair loss is going bald

Post by JasonStatham » 2 months ago

JeanLucBB wrote:
2 months ago
But it wasn't just that they were laughing at being bald, losing your hair or having a shit hair line etc, they were specifically laughing and mentioning the idea that I wouldn't be able to get girls anymore (implying no loving relationship with an attractive woman for example), that I looked like an old man or my dad and that my best years were behind me. It might be socially acceptable to laugh at balding, but the symptoms they laughed at were horrific and they know it. They were laughing at the fact that I was no longer competition to them, and that they had won in a way I couldn't come back from on top of the effect it could have on me rather than just the balding itself.
Let's say you have a blind friend. You make fun of him cause you know him well and he isn't a pussy. You say something like:

"hey Matt what about cinema today? Your turn with paying" and you both laugh.

Now let's say you make fun in a more hardcore way like:

"Hey Matt, haha you never ever will see a beautiful forest in autumn haha". This isn't funny and will certainly not help him overcome anything.

The same way you can make fun of balding/bald guys. Do you laugh with him or over him? Do you say stuff like:

"Oh you look like my old Grandpa haha" or

"Matt you look older now buzzed, maybe you can now date Jonathan's mother haha" and you both pour in the Vodka.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest