How many real-life people know about your hair problem?

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
Rudiger
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: Finasteride, RU58841, minoxidil, Biotin, Dermarolling, Nizoral

Re: How many real-life people know about your hair problem?

Post by Rudiger » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
It's not true, you definitely DO bring a lot of substance to this forum.

People like you.

So, don't be offended by me taking away reputation points. I just can't support
what you are saying about yourself (which is the only reason I took the points away).
I actually didn't even notice (did you?) but it's all good man.
me me me me I'm the omniscient and compassionate Rudiger

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
First off, your argument that Kathy Griffin did it, so it's OK for Trump to do it is
just stupid, and very weak.

Trump does this bullshit all the time, and he is President of the United States. He makes
jokes about people getting assaulted (Congressman who beat up a reporter), and jokes
about assault victims. It's interesting that you're not offended by that, but your answer
to support your argument is that a comedian made a joke about him. That's just stupid. Kathy
got a lot of shit from both sides.

You seem to have a double standard. It hasn't stopped him from
saying people should be beat up, laughing at a sexual assault victim. But your argument is that
a comedian made a joke, so what Trump does is alright.

Also, Trump's own lawyer said Trump is a racist, which I 100% agree with him.
I actually used to like his show, and watched
it all the time, before it became Celebrity Apprentice, which is just about a charity.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/michael-co ... 202495148/

I actually saw that season, and he is exactly right. Trump refused to hire Kwame, and wanted to hire
a girl who was white, and didn't even compete because she broken her leg. (who was white, broke her leg, and didn't compete in most of the episodes), instead of a Harvard Educated man who was black, and definitely the winner of the competition.

In addition to that remark, Trump made up a lot of bullshit about Obama's birth certificate.
He was the first African American President of the United States. He always says what a shitty President he
was, yet he only made one or two sentences condemning other Presidents.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11 ... t-language

To sum it up, if you find Kathy Griffin offensive, but not Trump, you are just biased.
Trump says a lot of crazy shit, but I don't recall him ever joking about killing somebody or portraying them with a dismembered head.

Belated response, I know.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).
Using 1.5 mm needle on all bald/balding areas weekly.

Post by rclark » 1 year ago

Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago
Trump says a lot of crazy shit, but I don't recall him ever joking about killing somebody or portraying them with a dismembered head.

Kathy does not represent the entire Democrat population.

She only worked for CNN on New Year's Eve, for one night. She was
fired from CNN after she made that comment:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 102349176/

A lot of people didn't find it funny.

Yes, that is kind of late response to this. You realize this is a few months old?

It surprises me you lump her in with the "left". Michael Moore is the "left". CNN
is "left" biased. Kathy Griffin is a comedian.
Think happy thoughts.

Uncle Grandfather
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW3
Regimen: 1 mg Finasteride, Saw Palmetto, Nizoral, Regenepure, Alcepin

Post by Uncle Grandfather » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
Kathy does not represent the entire Democrat population.

She only worked for CNN on New Year's Eve, for one night. She was
fired from CNN after she made that comment:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peo ... 102349176/

A lot of people didn't find it funny.

Yes, that is kind of late response to this. You realize this is a few months old?

It surprises me you lump her in with the "left". Michael Moore is the "left". CNN
is "left" biased. Kathy Griffin is a comedian.
That's true, she doesn't represent the whole party, and I'm aware of the aftermath of that photo. But I don't think it's unreasonable to lump her in with the "left." Just look at her Twitter, it's pretty obvious what her political leanings are.

My main point is, there is so much outrage from celebrities and the media when Trump says something out of line (even though some of the outrage is somewhat justified, in my opinion), yet when people make incredibly poor taste jokes about him they go completely unfettered. A more recent example of this is Jimmy Kimmel's bit where he talks to the ghost of Trump's father.
Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

SmootheSailing
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: minoxidil + Nizoral

Post by SmootheSailing » 1 year ago

All my guy friends do.

I guess I'm old enough now that they never give me stick about it.

Sometimes they ask me how it's going, and I show them my hair line and tell them what I'm doing.

I know some of them are worried a bit themselves.

My girlfriend does not know, nor do my parents, nor any of my female friends.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

SmootheSailing wrote:
1 year ago
All my guy friends do.

I guess I'm old enough now that they never give me stick about it.

Sometimes they ask me how it's going, and I show them my hair line and tell them what I'm doing.

I know some of them are worried a bit themselves.

My girlfriend does not know, nor do my parents, nor any of my female friends.
Your girlfriend doesn't know? Have you been intimate with her yet?
Moore/Trump 2020

SmootheSailing
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Regimen: minoxidil + Nizoral

Post by SmootheSailing » 1 year ago

blackg wrote:
1 year ago
Your girlfriend doesn't know? Have you been intimate with her yet?
"Your girlfriend doesn't know?"

Correct.

"Have you been intimate with her yet?"

Yes.

She has noted my big forehead, but doesn't know I'm balding or treating my baldness.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: Dustasteride 0.5 milligrams daily, Finasteride 1mg topical, Progesterone 2% (22mg daily), Minoxidil 15% hair growth only).

At one time there were many people who knew about my baldness.

I had to keep it a secret, so I killed all of them.
Think happy thoughts.

blackg
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

Post by blackg » 1 year ago

rclark wrote:
1 year ago
At one time there were many people who knew about my baldness.

I had to keep it a secret, so I killed all of them.
Lol, your humor is still top shelf.
Moore/Trump 2020

Cue bald
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: finasteride 1.25mg

Post by Cue bald » 1 year ago

nobody knows, not even my parents. they found my finasteride and were furious because they thought it was an illegal drug like a benzo. I let them believe that as I just couldn't bring myself to tell them it was for hair loss.
at work I just act like it isn't there, if the other bald guys (who are all into fitness, the gym, "being yourself", "being the best" etc) if they found out, they would just lose all respect for me, i'd be a laughing stock (to be honest I don't really care too much what anyone there thinks)

the attitude here is mostly - "Cue bald uses drugs for his hair, he will be using fake tan and make up soon"

I doubt anyone I know has even heard of finasteride. Here people just let baldness happen. A guy who started work 2 years ago as a Norwood 1 is a Norwood 4 now; I haven't brought up treatments though as I think I'd end up just looking vain.

rclark
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

SmootheSailing wrote:
1 year ago
"Your girlfriend doesn't know?"

Correct.

"Have you been intimate with her yet?"

Yes.

She has noted my big forehead, but doesn't know I'm balding or treating my baldness.
Keep it a secret, there's no reason she has to know. I'm dead serious.

I never tell my wife how much money I spend on hair medication, especially the fact
I take Progesterone with it. She would probably think I was getting a sex change operation.
Uncle Grandfather wrote:
1 year ago

Actually, I lost respect for Kathy. I think she's a bitch.

Now that she's on the "Hollywood" parade of calling out people for having different
opinions of her.
Think happy thoughts.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 1 year ago

JasonStatham wrote:
1 year ago
Inspired by Afro_Vacancy's post on another Thread, I want to ask you guys the question or just quote Afro:

How many of your relatives know that you post stuff on a hair loss forum? That you googled stuff like Minoxidil and Finasteride? That you researched hairtransplants and made comments about Justin Bibers Norwood 1,5?

In my case, just my girlfriend and my parents know it. I still can't be that "honest" and downplay balding because I realise with every problem in your life, people do not really understand it until they have it themselves. it's just reality. For example, my mother told me she thinks Prince William looks awful but at the same time tells me the hair transplant wasn't necessary. But its not like that I would look like him in 10 years without finasteride and an hair transplant. In 10 years, suddenly people tell you in your face you look awful and you make a registration on Reddit /MGTOW (I stole that joke from Admin). You can't win with people but you can win with yourself.
My parents and brother, other close relatives (we have a close bond in my family), my fiancé, and my closest friends. Nobody else needs to know, if someone compliments ''my'' hair I just tell them ''thank you''.
I have told this horror story before on HairLossTalk, but I will never forget the time I forgot a bottle of Rogaine in the bathroom of a guy I was dating at the time. I had to make up some excuse that I had ''borrowed'' it from my dad and did not know it was for hair loss. I don't know if he bought it. :mrgreen:

actuallynotfromparis
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: nothing at the moment.

Post by actuallynotfromparis » 7 months ago

My parents and a few friends know I have a problem with my hair. About me posting on forums, no one knows. Not a soul.
Actually, it's only existentialism if it comes from the existentialism region in France. Otherwise, it's just sparkling anxiety.

EvilLocks
Hair Loss Expert
Hair Loss Expert
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nada

Post by EvilLocks » 7 months ago

actuallynotfromparis wrote:
7 months ago
My parents and a few friends know I have a problem with my hair. About me posting on forums, no one knows. Not a soul.
I am really worried that I might ''run into'' someone I know IRL on a hair loss forum. I have talked so much shit here that it would be extremely embarrassing for that to happen. When I was on HairLossTalk I didn't mind sharing images or even videos of myself in PMs. The thought of doing so today makes me cringe though, even though I do feel like I can trust people here you never really know. It just takes sending an image to the wrong person one time.
While I don't think the FBI will come knocking on my door if I reveal my identity (I'm a good girl :P ) it would just be super embarrassing for me to be "exposed" :P
That's why, like you, I haven't told a single soul about these forums, not one, even my therapist. And that's how it'll remain :straight-smile:

kingmanlet
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: dutasteride, finasteride, Estradiol

Post by kingmanlet » 3 months ago

Before i got my hair back (some of you have seen before pictures) i only talked about it with my aunt, brother(who was balding) and girlfriend. i was nw3-4and they would say oh nothing is wrong sweety you look good.

It got to the point every time i said it they would laugh and smile and say something like “Oh peyton” they said i obsess about it and needed to quit being insecure.

My only outlet was my brother. as a male loosing ur hair it sucks, but a woman will make it out to be that it isn’t as big of a deal. some (not all) won’t really take you serious because you are male. (at least i think)

If i could go back i would tell no body about my hair issues that i know in person.(especially a female) unless it’s a doctor, i wouldn’t talk much on it. The fellas on here are the best bet for advice in my opinion. they are one of the mains reason i did get my hair back