Have you given up in general? When or why?

Discuss how hair loss has affected you, someone you know, or a public figure.
timoat
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie
Norwood: NW2.5
Regimen: finasteride 1.33 mg, minoxidil, ketoconazole shampoo

Post by timoat » 1 week ago

Arjen wrote: 1 week ago I’d agree that most men have an inflated view of themselves; doubt a lot of men are open to considering themselves lower than 6-7 or at least 5.
But it’s nothing compared to how females see themselves and are seen by females (especially if they aren’t THAT pretty, otherwise jealousy kicks in and leads to what can be observed all the time, even on this forum: most women get compressed in the “6-7” range, while in truth, some of them can be worlds apart), with starving and constantly rejected average to decent males subconsciously doing what’s been recommended in this thread: they lower their standards to the point that even below-average females are courted and treated in a way only the actual pretty ones got treated back in primary school where nature rather than pragmatism dictated people’s “tastes”.
If some guys can say that truly fulfills them, fine, good for them, no sarcasm here, but I don't see how it's to work for a minority to which I apparently belong and to which that just goes against their natures (that is more similar to that of females, i.e. not expecting supermodels but aiming for a deal that in most cases is an objectively good one, especially related to looks).
In the end, this like most discussions will be futile, as long as we don't get to talk specific examples, over and over, finally getting a feeling for others' standards and taste.
"Below average females" Jesus Christ. Enjoy single life buddy. How old are you if I may ask?

Char
Hair Loss Rookie
Hair Loss Rookie
Norwood: NW5
Regimen: Nothing.

Post by Char » 1 week ago

Deleted my post, because that was a pointless rant.

Pat
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW4
Regimen: Dutasteride, minoxidil, ketokonazole, dermarolling.

Post by Pat » 1 week ago

timoat wrote: 1 week ago "Below average females" Jesus Christ. Enjoy single life buddy. How old are you if I may ask?
There are below average females, just like there are below average males. There's no reason to be so defensive and rude.

timoat
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

Pat wrote: 1 week ago There are below average females, just like there are below average males. There's no reason to be so defensive and rude.
Whos average exactly? Who decides what an average is? The person. And most people have an inflated ego, thus their "average" is too high. Face reality instead of blaming baldness, its the easy way.
If a lady likes you, she wont give a crap about your hair. If you're a dick, she wont like you, even if you have hair like Brad Pitt.
Last edited by timoat 1 week ago, edited 1 time in total.

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW2
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

Post by Guest-4 » 1 week ago

timoat wrote: 1 week ago Whos average exactly? Who decide what an average is? the person. And most people have an inflated ego, thus their "average" is too high. Face reality instead of blaming baldness, its the easy way.
If a lady likes show, she wont give a crap about your hair. If youre a dick, she wont like you, even if you have hair like brad pitt.
Come on man, it does make things harder, and the difference will vary from person to person.

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

timoat wrote: 1 week ago Whos average exactly? Who decides what an average is? The person. And most people have an inflated ego, thus their "average" is too high. Face reality instead of blaming baldness, its the easy way.
If a lady likes you, she wont give a crap about your hair. If you're a dick, she wont like you, even if you have hair like Brad Pitt.
"If you're a dick, she wont like you, even if you have hair like Brad Pitt."

Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life even you know this is an overstatement.

timoat
Hair Loss Newbie
Hair Loss Newbie

JLBB wrote: 1 week ago "If you're a dick, she wont like you, even if you have hair like Brad Pitt."

Unless you've been living under a rock your whole life even you know this is an overstatement.
What exactly do you mean? How is it an overstatement? Most people in here are blaming their baldness for their lack of good personality. Easier to blame something superficial than ransacking themselves. I didnt think "incels" really existed, but here we are.

blackg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Norwood: NW3.5
Regimen: Alcohol coping mechanism

Post by blackg » 1 week ago

timoat wrote: 1 week ago What exactly do you mean? How is it an overstatement? Most people in here are blaming their baldness for their lack of good personality. Easier to blame something superficial than ransacking themselves. I didnt think "incels" really existed, but here we are.
Bad personalities abound on this site.
Roe v. Wade has got to stay

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Regimen: 1 ml of 5% liquid minoxidil, includes ~20 mg of RU58841 58841; nizoral 3x/week, dermarolling (1.5 mm) 1x/week

blackg wrote: 1 week ago Bad personalities abound on this site.
We have a few good ones too, you among them.

JLBB
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru
Norwood: NW1
Regimen: 0.25mg Finasteride

Post by JLBB » 1 week ago

Guest-4 wrote: 1 week ago We have a few good ones too, you among them.
“I can’t win an argument with someone without misrepresenting them and proceeding to lie about their personal life, so let’s have a circle jerk with everyone that’s every attacked then in some way instead”

Guest-4
Hair Loss Guru
Hair Loss Guru

JLBB wrote: 1 week ago “I can’t win an argument with someone without misrepresenting them and proceeding to lie about their personal life, so let’s have a circle jerk with everyone that’s every attacked then in some way instead”
Please take a remedial writing course. Your sentence is 34 words long, not well formed, and contains a double negative.

Due to those failings, it is not at all clear what you're trying to say. The way that it comes off is that you think I only like Blackg because you insulted him. That makes you look narcissistic and ridiculous.

I have liked him for years. I like him not because of you, but because of him.